Author Topic: How long after surgery can one expect to see final results ???  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Dustin

• Posting Member
I'm 2 months post surgery at the moment, went back training one month ago ... and at the moment I'm still not satisfied with the results (Left side looks same as pre-operation, right side looks better but still room for improving), do you guys think this is going to get better ? Or is 2 months pretty much the final result already.

Straight after the surgery to about 4 weeks later I was absolutely happy with the results, but from then on it started to get abit puffier and looking abit like it did pre operation, is this normal ? Could this just be fluid accumlation or could it be gland regrowth ?

Thanks

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
Hate to break it to u , but 2 months pretty much is your final result. There can be improvement with swelling/scars in 6-12 months, but if your left side still has gland, or is still the same as it was pre-op, then it wont go away without another op

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Well if your results straight after surgery and about 4 weeks later was good, you are probably looking at post op scar tissue building up, that causes your puffiness.
I would make sure to massage any hard lumps at least 2 times a day for a minimum of 10 minutes for several month.
If your problem remains after 4 to 6 month talk to your surgeon about a solution.
Gland regrowth is very unlikely at this time.

Best of luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Viking has it right.

We hear from guys regularly that have concerns early on but who realize an improvement over time and some have reported needing to wait as long as 6 months to see the final result.

Healing is a very individual thing, some heal quickly and others take time.

It wouldn't hurt to talk with your surgeon, but don't pass judgement too soon.
Grandpa Dan

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I've actually heard that it can take anywhere up to a year after surgery to see the final results.  Like the others said though, everyone heals at a different rate, and with varying degrees of underlying scar tissue.  Viking said it best.  Be diligent with your massaging for the next few months, and if it doesn't get better, talk to you PS.  If it ends up being a build up of scar tissue that won't go away, he may be able to do something about it (kenalog injections).  Hopefully that won't be necessary though.  At this point, waiting it out a couple of more months is probably the best advice anyone could give you.  Good luck!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024