Author Topic: question for a doctor  (Read 1664 times)

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
ive had mild gyno for 4.5 months, but i have read that it could go away with hormone treatment IF u have an inbalance.  I also read that once u have some gland, it doesnt go away without surgery, but isnt gynecomastia defined as extra breast tissue, therefore meaning it can never go away without surgery.  These contradicting statements appear all the time on this board and i can never find out a good answer. thank you very much

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Here's the scoop. If you are young and this is being caused by puberty, then most likely it will go away within 2 years by itself. What happens is that your hormones are raging, and your glands do swell up. But it might go away if this is all part of your natural bodily actions. If your hormones are imbalanced when you're older, hormone treatment might work. But if you have the glands and your hormones are normal, chances are surgery is your only option.

So, to recap:

Puberty - Goes away on its own most of the time by correcting the hormone imbalance naturally
Hormone Treatment - MIGHT work if you have it, are at an older age, and have a hormone imbalance
Surgery - Is probably your only option after 3 or more years of having gynecomastia, and have normal hormones.

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024