Author Topic: Do you like wearing a bra  (Read 8388 times)

Offline blad

I would guess that no one here would have entered the world of bras if not for having breast development.

But having breasts has brought many of us to consider and ultimately try a bra to control them in the same way women do. In doing so, is wearing a bra completely a functional and logical decision, or have you also come to like wearing a bra?

Developing breasts as a teen, I was often told that I should wear a bra. These continuous comments made me curious if I actually would fit a bra and how it would feel to wear one. Trying on a bra for the first time was a revelation on how well it fit and that I did fill the cups. I had to admit to myself that I did look like a developing girl wearing her bra. But beyond simply fitting into a bra, I found I liked how it felt to wear one and have everything contained. Wearing that first bra went a long ways to starting to accept my breasts as part of me and something to not dislike.

To this day, not only does a bra keep things in order, but I always like the feel of wearing one and it reminds me of who I am. That is when I remember that I am wearing one; with daily bra use much of the time I forget that I have one on.

If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

I too was amazed at how well I filled out the cups and how the sensation of movement was reduced to a level I could focus on something else.  Over time I have come to feel that when not supported, my chest feels vulnerable and it feels foreign in a way to be free. I miss the feeling of security of knowing my chest will not be moving or bouncing or jiggling drawing attention. So I guess,  yes, I enjoy wearing a bra. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

OnlyGodKnowsWhy

I too was amazed at how well I filled out the cups and how the sensation of movement was reduced to a level I could focus on something else.  Over time I have come to feel that when not supported, my chest feels vulnerable and it feels foreign in a way to be free. I miss the feeling of security of knowing my chest will not be moving or bouncing or jiggling drawing attention. So I guess,  yes, I enjoy wearing a bra.
This 100%. I do enjoy picking out a bra for the day that suits my mood, like colors, lace or no lace, push up or unlined. Its just fun. But I've really found 3 favorite bras that I rotate the most because of their comfort. Overall, I would say yes I do enjoy wearing a bra and picking one out in the morning

Confused old man

I don’t enjoy it. I would rather not have to wear one. But I do accept it.

Kazmage

At first I would of said no but trying one on for the first time was weird but over time I just got use to the feeling of support and the ease of constant back pain  
Now I have a collection of all different types and enjoy picking one out for the day 
And feel almost naked without one on 

Dudewithboobs

I never would have thought I’d be wearing a bra one day. Let alone naturally putting one on with ease due to continuous use and knowing how to adjust one and so forth but as development continued the need for a bra became more reality. I have purchased and thrown away bras quite a few times because it just wasn’t overly necessary and only became a preparing for the worst (needing vs can fill one). So when I felt they stopped awhile I got rid of them cause just not a guy who’s gonna wear a bra for the sake of it. But as they grew more especially in the sides I began to feel a bra was more of a should get used to option. It didn’t take long to get used to one. Wearing a bra is much better to me than resting my arms and feeling my breasts under my arm or constantly feeling them in the way when reaching across. While my breasts jiggle and bounce slightly it’s not dramatic to wear even when running it’s painful. But everything without a bra is just kind of annoying. Do I like wearing a bra? Not really, it means I have breasts to support in some way. And as a guy not really what I care for lol. But I don’t care overall. But I’d definitely rather wear one than without one given the benefits to both self and breasts. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I realize that I need to wear a bra, to help my back.  And then when I am walking and exercising, I wear a sports bra. 

I deal with what life gives me.  I take Tylenol for knees and shoulder, as I get older.  And even a back brace when fishing for 6 hours or more in Alaska.  For me, a bra is a device that helps me function.

Of course, wearing a bra is fraught with discovery.  Shame and being less of a Man.  I don't buy into any of that.  I certainly don't flaunt it, but I believe it is the same as taking Tylenol for my other joint issues.  Mammogram is scheduled for July 13th.

Busted (and happy)

Simple answer - YES
I now wear one every day. The relief from jiggle and discomfort is great. 
I can honestly say it was "prescribed" by doctor. 
My wife first  noticed my subconscious holding of my chest when when going up and down the stairs, running for buses and going over stiles
when hiking. She thinks  the habit drew attention far more than bra wearing. 

Me? When wearing l really don't think about it or my two little friends.
I enjoy selecting a suitable style and colour to fit in with my mood, activities and my outer clothing each day. I understand the freedom of taking it off at night time or swapping to bralette.

Bra shopping and browsing is also a very enjoyable pastime as well as a necessity.
So, it was not something I sort, but it is now just an enjoyable part of my life.

If someone came and said they could magic "them" away, bra and all I would tell them to get lost. However, if the wand could wave and make them a cup size bigger.... 

YES. I enjoy wearing bra wearing. 

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
I initially started wearing one for relief when I rode bike, after someone's recommendation.  The first times I ordered, online, I couldn't believe I was looking at bras, and buying for myself.  My heart was pounding.  As the growth and the problem progressed, I started getting a lot of discomfort even when I was not riding.  I remember that first time I put on one of my sports bras when I was not going out for a ride.  The relief was immediate, and wonderful.  So then I started looking for bras that would be more comfortable for not riding, yet hide pretty well.  That was pretty exciting, but also frustrating that the selection that's suitable for us men is awfully limited.  My favorite now is barely big enough in the largest size offered; but it'll have to do for now.  There will be a wider selection after some more growth.  Do I want that?  I don't know, but it would probably get easier to be comfortable.  Bras for a 37" underbust generally start at B cup and go up.  There are times I have to go somewhere wearing a plain-colored shirt that would show it badly in a group who would absolutely not accept it, so I go without.  I can get away with it, looks-wise, as my one breast is not nearly as big as some of the others' on the forum; but the discomfort makes me anxious to get home and put one on ASAP.  So do I enjoy it?  I might see it kind of like wearing glasses.  Would I like to see perfectly and not need glasses?  Sure; but I don't see glasses as being any substantial burden on life, and I want to see.  I enjoy avoiding breast discomfort, so I wear a bra when I can get away with it, which is 98% of the time.

aboywithgirls

I do like wearing my bras. I've worn a bra every day for the last 32 years. My 16th birthday gift was a fitting and 5 new bras. 

The function and fashion aspects of my bra are both important to me. Whether you are male or female or any point in between, function is going to be very important. Support and shape are the basic function of a bra. I also feel that the fashion aspect is very important. A lot of times, my wife and I bra shop together because I want to wear something that she finds attractive on me and vice versa. 

So, when I an supported, shaped, and I am wearing an attractive bra and panties, I am confident even if only my wife and doctor gt to see it. I  like the confidence that goes with wearing a bra. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Dudewithboobs

It would be great to have a doctor recommend a bra. I can’t imagine a doctor outright advising a bra even if prompted with the question of do you recommend anything for comfort I’d suppose they’d say just due to being male that a compression vest or fitted under shirt to avoid offending with a bra. But that would be great lol. Be nice to go for my annual physical and my doctor write me a prescription for a 34c lol

OnlyGodKnowsWhy

Back when my wife and doctor told me to wear a bra l was relieved  because for years l wore a bra when I was alone and single.  It not only relieved my discomfort but also it felt so right. I don't mean in a kinky way, just a calm warm feeling. I was born with "pink brain" among other things, and I always have known that I was different.

Yes, I love wearing my bra! I like the support, but I also love the style and having a pretty bra on. I was never allowed to call anything a "man" wore pretty when I was growing up. I think every child wants the approval of their mom and dad,  I know I did. But we are what we are and if wearing a bra makes me strange then call me strange  because once you hear it all you'll know why I just call myself a carbon based life form.

I hope one day l can find the courage to share with you all who l am. Untill till then just know how much l value you all.

Charlie
Well said Charlie, I can understand that on almost every level. I haven't mentioned wearing a bra to any of my family because they are so conservative, I know it would be a huuuuge no-no. But my wife doesn't mind and she understands my need, and my best friend knows and he was really understanding of it all and we are still best friends. I too have a pink brain, but I'm on a different forum for that....

OnlyGodKnowsWhy

It would be great to have a doctor recommend a bra. I can’t imagine a doctor outright advising a bra even if prompted with the question of do you recommend anything for comfort I’d suppose they’d say just due to being male that a compression vest or fitted under shirt to avoid offending with a bra. But that would be great lol. Be nice to go for my annual physical and my doctor write me a prescription for a 34c lol
When you go, you could bring it up. Tell him/her that you would feel a lot better being supported and ask their opinion on wearing a bra. They may not want to suggest "wearing ladies undergarments" (even though I don't agree with that statement in the least) to try and not offend anyone, but would suggest it if you brought the topic up first. A compression vest just sounds like 100% no imho

Dudewithboobs

Yeah me too but I wouldn’t ever personally bring it up. They’re a physician not a therapist. If someone asked me for something that’s already proven I wouldn’t assume they’re asking for advice or expert opinion but more for confirmation of something they’ve already largely considered. I’d expect an answer of “well bras are known to support breasts and if you feel you’d be more comfortable with support I would recommend trying it.” Kinda like asking a doctor about I got a headache should I try taking Tylenol lol. 

Orb

I have to admit I do quite like the feeling of a well fitting bra.  Things are held in place and I believe I have a much nicer shape.  The mental aspect or rather the comfort felt emotionally is another side of the coin I never thought I would have.
I would agree, function and fashion is also important to me as well.
  I do like how a different bra can shape things and change my outward appearance so dramatically.  I enjoy that very much.  That being said I do have some that are for an around the home day.  I'm inclined to think it satisfies my feminine   side.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024