Author Topic: Quick Question....I promise!!  (Read 3039 times)

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
15 days post op, why is it that I look perfect as soon as i take off the compression vest, then after a few mins they become puffy?  I wish they just stayed the way they looked the first week  >:(
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
I just wrote a lil somethin on this for the "Post Op Puffyness" thread, but it's the swelling dude...just try to be patient and heal up to the best of your ability..if they're still not looking good after a few months, then I'd get a lil antsy...don't worry about it... ;D

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
I just wrote a lil somethin on this for the "Post Op Puffyness" thread, but it's the swelling dude...just try to be patient and heal up to the best of your ability..if they're still not looking good after a few months, then I'd get a lil antsy...don't worry about it... ;D

Offline tittyman111

• Bronze Member
hey gameCOCK...im 16-17 days post op and still have puffy nips. im big and muscular as i think u train also...? my surgery was minor. me just dug out a pocket below the nipple so it lays flat. what technique did ur PS use? since mine was minor and im already back to lifting, i would think my puffyness/swelling would go down. are u in the same boat? also, does anyone know how u can tell if they are still swollen or if they are just bad puffy nipples once again!? i touch mine, and they are still a tad tender around the scar. but if i had to guess i would say they werent swollen anymore. if my surgery was minor (one hour surgery, local anethesia) shouldnt swelling be gone by now? or am i rushing things still?

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
its gamecock...as in the univeristy of south carolina gamecocks...anywho, yes I train and had a minor excision revision surgery. I am 16 days post op and still puffy when my compression vest is off. However I am not going to start lifting untill 4 weeks post op. That is what my PS reccomended. We need to wait it out for atleast 2 more weeks before jumping to conclusions

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I wonder why puffy nips are so difficult to make right.

I never had puffy nips, only fat and gland (I had lipo and gland excision).

From reading these boards, it seems like guys with puffy nips are usually not satisfied with their results.

At least not as satisfied as those guys who had large full breasts that were fixed with liposuction and excised gland tissue.

Maybe Dr. Bermant can tell us why this is or if my observation is even accurate.

By the way..... SC Game, that chick has an amazing body.  :o
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:07:00 AM by jc71 »

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
lol i just realized that c o c k is auto edited to "thingy" on here.

DrBermant

15 days post op, why is it that I look perfect as soon as i take off the compression vest, then after a few mins they become puffy?  I wish they just stayed the way they looked the first week  >:(
How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  Residual "puffiness" can be from swelling, healing tissues, remaining gland, and other factors best discussed with your doctor or someone seen for second opinion.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Posting standardized pictures can be helpful if you want others to see what you are talking about.  However, if you are concerned about your swelling, your doctor is the best for specific answers about what is going on.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:51:11 PM by DrBermant »

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024