Author Topic: Dr. Pensler in Chicago  (Read 9460 times)

Offline david_in_chicago

• Posting Member
Re: Dr. Pensler in Chicago
My recovery has been excellent.  My swelling was minimal, my pain was totally manageable, and the only thing that I'd say was "bad" was the bruising.  It didn't really hurt, but it looked bad.  I was a bit surprised by that, only because I've never had more than 1-2 small bruises at a time (I've never really had any kind of injury...)  It was a bit shocking to see my body so bruised.

The compression vest was, by far, the hardest part of my recovery.  It was just a nuisance.  I work in an office and to wear what is essentially a girdle every day for a month was really hard.  I wear slacks and a button-down shirt each day, but with the compression vest I didn't feel that I could wear a button-down because it clung to me weird because of the vest.  So, I had to wear sweaters every day for a month.  But, it was a small price to pay.

Another odd thing about my recovery has been my appetite.  I eat SO much more now than I used to, I wonder if it's my body reacting to the fat loss?  But, I had a lot more done than you probably will do and maybe it's just me being a pig.  I had to come up with a new years resolution to stop myself!

I think I paid $150 for the consult.  I could look at my records.  it was credited to my procedure.  He spent about an hour with me, so it's money well spent I think.

David

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
Re: Dr. Pensler in Chicago
Hi guys.  It's been a long time since I've visited these boards.  I guess that speaks volumes towards the success of my surgery as I've all but forgotten that I ever had gyne. 

My recovery has been excellent; my experience was almost exactly the same as David's.  The bruising was bothersome and still hasn't completely gone away yet, but I'm noticing improvement every week (I'm about 11 weeks post-op).  People aren't lying when they say it can take up to 6 months to see the final results from the surgery.

The vest was very annoying but after the first week I began wearing under armour heat gear underneath the vest, which reduced the itching and irritation caused by the vest.

I believe the consultation fee for Dr. Pensler was $125, which is credited towards the procedure.  The total cost of the surgery was a little less than $5k.

Good luck and please don't hesitate to ask any more questions you might have.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024