Author Topic: Mr Graham Harley Medical Group  (Read 6056 times)

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Hello all, I'm new to this web site but wish I had known about it prior to my op!

I'm 6 days post op - I had lipo at the Harley Medical Group on Mon 23rd. I know everyone says that you need to wait to see the full results but I'm very worried as when I look under my compression vest, my chest looks almost identical to before the op...the left side being allot bigger than the right. My nurse says that I should expect swelling, which is no problem but the shape is identical and swelling in the other areas has gone!

My Dr, Mr Graham, advised me pre op that he was of the opinion that I had mostly fatty tissue and that he would use lipo to remove it but if it didn't shift, he would cut the gland. Having had gyno since the age of 12, I am 100% sure that it is not fat (Also, left is noticable bigger than right) but I would have been happy not to be scarred. I only realsied yesterday that as I was not shaved prior to going for the op, it appears that he didn't intend to remove any glad, if it was encountered! My 1st post op appointment is tomorrow, where I will air my concearns and hope and pray that everything turns out for the best.

I may be coming accross as sceptical but having lived with 'them' for almost 20 years and finally having the courage to get something done, I'm massively dissapointed, when looking under my vest, not to see the flat chest I had been dreaming of!

Does anyone else have experience with Mr Graham or the Harley Medical Group? And, has anyone experienced similar results to myself at this stage? (Just seems that every diary on the site had pics of pre op + 2/3 days which are great and that my chest now, looks bigger that allot of others before their op!)

Any responces will be greatly appreciated.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I understand that with Liposuction the swelling can be so much as to make it look like nothing has been taken away and it's a waiting game to begin with to assess the results as the swelling takes a few months to settle down.  I would be annoyed too if he said that he would have removed the gland if he encountered it but if he did not shave the hair before then maybe he had no intention of doing so but perhaps he will say that they would have shaved the hair during the op if needed? I dont know. If you are not happy they did a thorough enough procedure I would let them know at the follow up

Offline outertrial

The easiest quickest way is to just ask him IMO. Shaving doesnt mean much as different surgeons operate in different ways. My PS goes in through a small incision a couple of inches away from the nipple  does the excision and lipo through that. 

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
please do talk with your plastic surgeon as he will tellk yopu the results to be expecting at this time :)
all procedures have different healing times.
some surgerys are more invasive and take longer to heal:(
so dont panic:)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
so dont panic:)

Give it at least 3 months before passing judgment dude. You're only six days in. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline valorous

• Posting Member
You do not need the compression vest at all.. just the bandage really, from where did they open? the sidde or underneath the nipple??

compression vest is meant to be for ladies,  i didnt wear aa compression vest at al, my doctor, hishma hamed here in london said it is bollocks and it is true...
they say to contain the swelling.. but actually..pineapple,lemon and arnica tablets will do that for you..

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Thanks allot for the positive feedback and encouragment guys. I saw a nurse yestarday and had stitches removed...I expressed my concerns to her and she told me pretty much what I expected; need to be patient, would have shaved during surgery, if required etc. She was of the opinion that my chest looked allot better and said it will go down more with time. Admittedly, it does look better than before, but still as though there are two ping-pong balls in there!! I see my surgeon on 17th May, where I'll be able to guage results more accurately and discuss any possible further action that needs to be taken.

Fingers crossed until then!

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
after 6-8 weeks will tell u how yr chest will look. wait till then.
lipo causes a lot of swelling, and it will take 3-4 weeks till all swelling totally settles down.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
uk2000

just noticed your signature thingy saying what you have had done... How much in total have you spent doing all that? Were you a 'major' case? Im thinking about seeing Dr. Karidis but it seems that you have had to have a lot done, Im hopin for a one off surgery and then its pretty much sorted. Any info would be appreciated :)

P.S. Sorry to change the subject of the post!

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Hello all, how is everyone?

Well, I'm almost 4 weeks post op and my chest looks pretty much as it did the day after the operation...
yes, it's smaller than pre op but I didn't pay £4000 to go from a C cup to a B! I'm trying to remain optimistic and take heed of the numerous posts on this site, stating that it is more than likely just swelling and will go down etc, but I have a gut feeling it won't and that I will, at some stage, require revision.

I see my PS tomorrow (for the 1st time since the op - is this normal?) and will see what he thinks but I'm confident he'll say I need to wait 8/9 Months before a decission can be made.

My left side is ALLOT bigger than my right (Was before surgery too) Has anyone else experienced this? does it even out in time?

Changing the subject...I was quotted £4200 for the male chest reduction operation but ended up only having lipo..should I have paid a reduced fee? Also, I read on another part of the site that our american cousins are facing huge anestitsit and hospital fees when going for revision; is this applicable in this country?

Offline londonbhoy

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Well, I saw the surgeon on the 17th May. He enquired as to what my 1st impressions were after the op and I explained I wasn't overly impressed but was holding out to make my final decission. He was adamant that everything is OK and that my chest is just swollen (Which will go down in time) He informed me that he removed 275cc in total from my chest and that this was the maximum he felt it was safe to do so. How much did everyone else have removed?

He went on to say that I should wait until Nov/Dec before I make my final analysis of the result, then if I'm not satisfied, call, make an appointment with him and it will be reviewed with a view to revision...at no extra cost. Good news that there will be not extra cost BUT my only wish is that everythig was over and I looked 'normal' now!

I enquired Re massaging and he was of the opinion that it didn't offer any huge benefits and told me that it was up to me if I wanted to continue wearing the compression vest. He didn't appear to be overly knowledgeable about the healing process overall...seemed as though he was in a hurry to get the next patient in! Regardless of what he said, I've decided to continue wearing the vest for another few weeks and bought a couple of NIKE PRO compression vests. Went two sizes smaller, which is a struggle to get in and out of but offers good support when on. It's good to have the new ones to wear when washing the old one and when working out etc.

I guess it's a waiting game now..

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits.

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
Fingers crossed for you that its just swelling. Its a waiting game unfortunately

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024