Author Topic: Are You Surprised at the Size of Your Breasts?  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
true but there are so many other meds that do the same thing. finasteride is another one I take that I need. the last I looked there are almost 100 meds that will give you growth

Dudewithboobs

I agree but so does so many things not in medications. How often have we seen mentions of something of any sort causing breast growth <insert article>  
While medications are a top reason for things growing. A dude isn’t going to go from nothing to a D cup in a weekend. He’s obviously going to notice growth and pains or aches along with it and probably other things like ED skin changes etc maybe not but maybe so. 
Since spiro is popular it’s probably going to be the go to prescription. Since it’s well known to cause feminization to many of a patient knows this it gives the advantage to say hey is there anything else that manages or treats what I have without causing these effects this medication is known to have cause I don’t want to grow larger breasts as I already have some development. And the dr may go yeah absolutely blah blah blah is well known to do the same with studies showing minimal side effects if you’d like to try it and follow up in a few months to examine any side effects and review that it’s working as well as spiro would we can try that road instead. 

Just saying I know many of us here enjoy talking about our breasts bras and joys in accepting. But outside of here many may not want to go to next summers bbq at the neighbors or pool two cup sizes bigger than they were in the fall if they can find something that does the same without effecting the same if it’s medication related lol but to those who don’t mind more power to em. I know myself I wouldn’t care but just adding a different perspective. 

notreallyhere

I’ve often wondered if a doctor freely encourages a bra as an option to a man or if to avoid risk of insulting if a man brings it up hoping a dr says yes that is an option. My dr retired in 209 and yet to visit one since and has crossed my mind as I’ve grown more if a dr would notice it and bring it up. I feel having a dr prescribe me a bra is the only way my wife would go ok let’s go to the store lol.
Yeah at 36, 6-7k I’d rather buy a used car or invest in my ira or pay down my mortgage or go on a nice vacation with my family. All sounds better than buying a flat chest. Maybe if I made 100k plus a year lol but on my current income nah.
I guess you could always have that conversation with your doctor. You might not get a prescription, per se, but could get a formal recommendation for one to alleviate issues. At my appointment, I am confident she saw the tell-tale lines on my chest and asked the obvious question, but didn't go down any further line of questioning or discussion about it. The fact that it's in my chart was a surprise, but I guess it shouldn't be.

Offline Johndoe1

For the original topic, I have to say yes. I've had breast tissue most of my life, but they have increased in size over the last couple months which brought me here. I had a Dr. appointment this morning because of the growth. The NP was professional, asked if I wore support garments, and went on with the exam; wearing a bra is in my medical records now and I don't know how I feel about that. :)
not the worst thing haveing it in your records. they know you have breast tissue so I would think that you wearing a bra would be the  next step besides the fact that it would probably better for you to support them depending on how big you are
I can only speak for me,  but when asked did I wear "support" by my NP, there was an internal relief. I also saw that she was more at ease to be more open and frank about how to deal with my breasts knowing I wasn't hiding the obvious. It felt like she was dealing with my breasts the same way she did with female patients and I really appreciated that I could voice questions and concerns without the fear of being judged. She understood why I would want or need to be supported and she even said that I should be practicing good breast health. I really appreciated that. I didn't feel like a freak. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Dudewithboobs

I feel that is my biggest concern in seeing a new dr. My prior one I had my whole life and while minimal gynecomastia was noted win a visit when I initially was freaking out I don’t know if he documented it or just told me. But I’ve gained 2.5 cup sizes since then and part of me goes well my wife sees doctors often so I don’t care to add another bill and part of me goes when I walk in are they going to notice my chest and bring it up. Cause I won’t as it doesn’t bother me and I’m aware of what it is. But if it does could I get lucky and be told to wear support. Or would it just go unmentioned if not mentioned. I think for me and maybe others having a doctor assure support is needed or beneficial is a relief cause of the confirmation that is wearing one isn’t a this or that it is a support garment as is for anyone who has breasts. But as a man it just comes to a relief I’d assume to have a medical professional be professional and supportive in the options available. I think if I get a new dr it would def be a female for that general point of if noticed and mentioned to be empathized not judged 

notreallyhere

For the original topic, I have to say yes. I've had breast tissue most of my life, but they have increased in size over the last couple months which brought me here. I had a Dr. appointment this morning because of the growth. The NP was professional, asked if I wore support garments, and went on with the exam; wearing a bra is in my medical records now and I don't know how I feel about that. :)
not the worst thing haveing it in your records. they know you have breast tissue so I would think that you wearing a bra would be the  next step besides the fact that it would probably better for you to support them depending on how big you are
I can only speak for me,  but when asked did I wear "support" by my NP, there was an internal relief. I also saw that she was more at ease to be more open and frank about how to deal with my breasts knowing I wasn't hiding the obvious. It felt like she was dealing with my breasts the same way she did with female patients and I really appreciated that I could voice questions and concerns without the fear of being judged. She understood why I would want or need to be supported and she even said that I should be practicing good breast health. I really appreciated that. I didn't feel like a freak.
That's super cool, John! I'm glad it was a relief for the both of you. I may never see this woman again; it was one of those: "I can't get an appointment until December if I don't take this one". Having a consistent provider is a blessing. I had one for 5-6 years, but he moved onward and upward.

notreallyhere

I feel that is my biggest concern in seeing a new dr. My prior one I had my whole life and while minimal gynecomastia was noted win a visit when I initially was freaking out I don’t know if he documented it or just told me. But I’ve gained 2.5 cup sizes since then and part of me goes well my wife sees doctors often so I don’t care to add another bill and part of me goes when I walk in are they going to notice my chest and bring it up. Cause I won’t as it doesn’t bother me and I’m aware of what it is. But if it does could I get lucky and be told to wear support. Or would it just go unmentioned if not mentioned. I think for me and maybe others having a doctor assure support is needed or beneficial is a relief cause of the confirmation that is wearing one isn’t a this or that it is a support garment as is for anyone who has breasts. But as a man it just comes to a relief I’d assume to have a medical professional be professional and supportive in the options available. I think if I get a new dr it would def be a female for that general point of if noticed and mentioned to be empathized not judged
If you know what's going on with your body then maybe it's not worth going in for it, but a lot of doctors use MyChart or other digital systems for communication/eCharting and perhaps a message into your PCP may be a way to start that conversation. Not mentioning it isn't necessarily a great thing, even if you're comfortable with yourself, if you don't know what's going on. I may be in the minority about being so up front about it, but I noticed a change significant enough to notice and want to make sure that there aren't other factors at play (not on any meds that should do this, etc.) that are more serious than enlarged breasts.

That said, I agree about what you say that it may make a lot of people more comfortable about being comfortable if acceptance options were discussed more.

Offline gotgyne

Since spiro is popular it’s probably going to be the go to prescription. Since it’s well known to cause feminization to many of a patient knows this it gives the advantage to say hey is there anything else that manages or treats what I have without causing these effects this medication is known to have cause I don’t want to grow larger breasts as I already have some development. And the dr may go yeah absolutely blah blah blah is well known to do the same with studies showing minimal side effects if you’d like to try it and follow up in a few months to examine any side effects and review that it’s working as well as spiro would we can try that road instead.
I also got a prescription for spironolactone for more than ten years and it increased my breast growth. But the real problem with spiro was that it changed my voice. I got hoarse and even lost my voice sometimes. This was very annoying and I stopped spiro until my voice became normal again. I continued taking spiro but shortly after this happened again. This time I stopped spiro completely. Not the best solution, since I don't like other drugs against high blood pressure, for they are much more risky. This month I'll have an appointment at an ENT doctor and shall ask her what she thinks about it.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

I think if I get a new dr it would def be a female for that general point of if noticed and mentioned to be empathized not judged
A good idea. Some years ago in this forum was a thread on this topic if a male or female doctor is the better choice. I chose a female doctor and am happy with my decision. She even told me of the side effects of spironolactone and prepared me that my breasts might grow and that I might get painful sensations in my nipples. She did not mention a bra at that time, since my gynecomastia was not very pronounced at the start with spiro. But for some years my breasts are very noticeable and she knows I wear a bra and has no problem with it.
John

Offline 42CSurprise!

Stepping away from the topic of medications and their affect on breast development...  I was reading in the Gynecomastia Talk forum about men experiencing itching in their breasts and realized I've been having that experience as well.  Men spoke of the association between itching and growth, which leads me to wonder whether that is what is happening with my breasts.  It seems my right breast is catching up to my left breast in filling the cups of my 42C brassiere.  I don't think it is an illusion that my breasts are getting bigger.  I not only fill out the cups of my brassiere but the front of the turtleneck I'm wearing.  This is one hell of a journey!

Dudewithboobs

It is interesting at least to me how the development of breast has filled in on the sides a lot and is the main source of bringing in the cup or a bra. All my life I always figured it was the front but for me at least the sides have filled in a lot and begun across the chest and in shirts seeing the front of the shirts I wear fuller than I believed before. It is an interesting journey when you accept it and just let things roll as they may and look down or keep an eye on things and notice what has happened since last remembered 

Offline taxmapper

It is interesting at least to me how the development of breast has filled in on the sides a lot and is the main source of bringing in the cup or a bra. All my life I always figured it was the front but for me at least the sides have filled in a lot and begun across the chest and in shirts seeing the front of the shirts I wear fuller than I believed before. It is an interesting journey when you accept it and just let things roll as they may and look down or keep an eye on things and notice what has happened since last remembered
Interesting point.   As I said before that I am now 50 inches around the bust, but it doesn't look it, and a B cup I barely fill.   However: When I do have on a sports bra they fill up nicely and are starting to push the bra out.  So alot of the tissue is on the side for me as well. Putting on the bra they go front and push out a bit.   

As for the itching part, I get that also. 

Offline gynepaul

• Posting Member
true but there are so many other meds that do the same thing. finasteride is another one I take that I need. the last I looked there are almost 100 meds that will give you growth

I started taking finasteride about 10 months ago for an enlarged prostrate.   Five mg per day, which is five times the usual dose when it’s being prescribed for hair loss.  Not sure if the higher dose puts me at higher risk of additional gyno growth, but if there’s been any additional growth, its been minimal.  I stated TRT four years ago when I first noticed some gyno in my left breast, and the TRT seemed to really help slow the gyno. 

Dudewithboobs

Yeah I’d imagine trt would treat things well if the issue was estrogen dominance occurring and balance things out. 

Offline gynepaul

• Posting Member
Yeah I’d imagine trt would treat things well if the issue was estrogen dominance occurring and balance things out.
My issue was not estrogen dominance, but extremely low T.  Both my T and E2 were well below range.  The emerging gyno is what caused me to finally get my hormones tested. I feel so much better since getting on TRT.  It has cleared up a lot of problems I had that I was simply attributing to getting old.  Looking back, it was a really good thing for me to start developing gyno.  If not for that, I’d still be testosterone deficient and still feeling like crap.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024