Author Topic: Surgeons who do remote incision to remove gland  (Read 1554 times)

Offline ladiesman69

• Posting Member
Who are some good surgeons doing remote incisions around the armpits to remove the gland under the nipple? As far as I know it's quite rare and there are only a handful world wide who do it.

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
Good question.  The thing about the incisions around the nipple that bothered me the most is not the scar itself but the increased likelihood of scar tissue formation under the nipple thereby making me look like I have gyno once again.  At least thats what I have read.  I would think armpit or inframammary incisions would be better from a scar tissue standpoint.

Offline ladiesman69

• Posting Member
I agree. I believe Dr Levick is one of the best when it comes to using a remote incision to remove the gland.

My personal opinion is that I'd much rather give it a go with a remote incision, and if all else fails I'll go down the traditional route. But I don't want to be jumping into visible scarring if there are still alternatives available to me.

Peri-areolar scarring seems more like solving one problem and replacing it with another. Why are remote incisions not more popular? Are they more difficult to perform or time-consuming, and therefore not as good for a doctor looking to make money?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024