Author Topic: Really need some advice  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Rampage31

• Posting Member
I start nursing school in about 3 weeks in a BSN program at a major university.  I just found out in an health assessment lab class that we will have to undress (remove shirt). You have to examine each others heart sounds, do chest percussion things. I wasn't aware of this and now I don't know what to do since I have gynecomastia. Each student will have to pair up with another and there probably won't be any guys in the class. I am pretty  down about this. I wouldn't mind if it was just a doctor or something but these are some hot girls that are really popular on campus that I would have to come into contact with each day. I have tried to email the instructors of these classes with a different name about having gyno but I can't get a response. I know some will say they are nurses they have to see everything but these girls are 18-19 and this is a Major University program. I don't know if I should be honest and talk to the head of the school and give identity up and try to ask her if there is a way I can get out of it? Or just forget the whole thingThe instructor of the specific class is not listed yet so I am screwed there. I just don't know what to do. My wife says it is no big deal but that is easy for her to say. I have worried myself sick about this since I found out. I feel like this thing is ruling my life. I have tried in the past to remove my shirt but laughs and teasing have just destroyed my self-esteem. My goal was to get a good paying job so I can get these two miserable things removed now it seems like it is my roadblock once again.   I come to you guys to get an opinion on this because no one knows what it is like but us. What would you do if your were in my situation?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I went through a similar thing years ago while attending a Medical Technical School in the USAF. It was a mixed class, only about 10% female. Everyone was so busy that they hardly had time to notice.

The Girls probably won't care in any case unless your breasts are larger than theirs. Don't anyone laugh, I once dated a girl who had smaller breasts than I. We laughed at and with each other but both of us got upset if anyone else took note of our condition.
Grandpa Dan

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
How terrible is gyne if it can get in the way of being the only dude in a room full of topless women. :(

Skip the class bro.  I did great in college and I think I was batting less then .500 in attendance :).

Offline Rampage31

• Posting Member
Damn this. I swear this sucks. It reminds me of those days playing football fearing when the coach would say shirts/skins. There were a couple of guys that had it besides me and we all caught hell. I don't know about this though. It is tough going to a female dominated school like this. But I have already wasted 60 credit hours on related studies. I can't think of anything besides a biology major I could switch too. I picked this field because of job stability. I have no problem removing my clothing in the doctor setting. Hell I had to run a treadmill test with 2 nurses, and a echo tech in the room and got through that but boy it was embarrassing. I just never looked down and kept my arms spread wide like an idiot. I know I could get out of this, I just don't want to look like an idiot for not letting my partner examine me. It is just scarey. I have to take out a big loan and I am screwed if fear lets me back out.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So let me get this straight...  You are in a co-ed nursing class and everyone has to undress to examine each other? Geeze dude, where do I sign-up!   :P

One would think that the girls/women would object to taking their tops off in front of male classmates... ???

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator

Offline Spleen

My bet is no one will notice or care.  Gynecomastia is all over, but I think much of the anxiety is self-created.  Take a chill pill and you'll be A-OK.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Spleen,

I would only hope that there is no one here who is incapable of seeing the wisdom in what you just said.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024