Author Topic: Intense workouts post surgery  (Read 2262 times)

Offline XXII

• Posting Member
I, like so many others, have a slight degree of deformity in my nipples.

The surgeon said my left side, was quite larger to begin with, now just the opposite seems true. The side that was once larger is SLIGHTLY cratered. The other side, a fairly common nipple shape, but it seems the scarring is moving horizontally, away from the surgical sight.

I got the surgery less than 3 weeks ago, so from people's experiences, what can I expect in the full 6 weeks?

And there is no question that I carry to much fat, so assuming I went on an intense fitness program and stuck with it, let's say to achieve 10% body fat, would it look like I had surgery at all?

Thank you very much!  ;D
God bless

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
IMHO, 3 weeks is way too early to tell much of anything (other than real post-surgical problems like bleeding).  At 6 weeks, you still have lots of healing and changes ahead, even though you usually can return to all of your exercise routines.

Give it time and follow our doc's orders. That way you'll get the best results.

Congrats on making the big step!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Too early to draw any conclusions about the surgery -- you are still going through various stages of swelling, etc.

Relax, sit back, concentrate on a good book and let Mother Nature take her course.  And, of course, follow your surgeon's instructions.

You will better be able to evaluate the final results at 4-6 months post op.  In the meanwhile, there is nothing to do but worry and start getting those gray hairs!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024