Author Topic: The effect of weight loss/gain  (Read 5298 times)

Offline fleshintogear

Hey guys, im a 19 year-old male. About 5'10" and weigh about 180.

I've always had this slight enlargement problem all my life, but about 4 years ago i started running every day, and after a year and a half i lost about 65lbs. The enlargement problem seemed to have went away within the first 20lbs that I lost. Since then, my weight has been fluctuating a tad bit up until recently.

Back in january of this year I fell off the wagon with my exercising and eating right and gained almost all of the weight back... but this time with the addittion of male breasts. I wasnt back to my original weight of 215, but t i had bigger breasts then at 190.

Since then i've been running every day (for an hour a day) and have lost most of the weight. It's just this time the breasts arent going away. They're still here, and it seems as if they're getting bigger. I tried lifting weights, but that just made the problem even worse. Same thing with pushups.  

So what I want to know is what effect does weight gain have on this? Also, i'm kind of new to the situation, so what is estrogen and what foods/drinks can it be found in? I'm just hoping that there is some way i can manipulate this without costly surgeory.

thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:22:53 AM by fleshintogear »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
If you're not fat at all and you have breasts, then you have gynecomastia. But keep in mind, the male body stores fat primarily in the belly and chest. So if you're just chubby, you still might have breasts. That's just my opinion.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
i dunno understand tht how weight training can effect ur breasts man....lifting weights will not enlarge em.....but if u do intensive trainin n then get laid back again then the particular body part can slouch.....if u drink alcohol regularly hen i would advice to cut your intake coz my condition worsens with alcohol.
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
estrogen is a female sex hormone.
every male has testosterones which r the male sex hormones n lil bit of estrogens. but if the estrogen quantity increases then gyno can occur. estrogen can increase due to bad liver as liver is responsible for killin estrogens. moreover excessive alcohol drinkin can damage ur liver n hence this can result in the increase in the level of estrogen n hence result in the formation of glandular tissue.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Gynecomastia consists of both excessive mammary gland and fat deposits.  Having lost weight and gained it back may have definitely had an impact on the size of your breasts.  

Many people have found that no amount of weight loss will get rid of gynecomastia breasts, and that often the only solution is surgery.  Also, weight training does seem to only enhance the size of the breasts as the fat / gland is simply pushed out further by the underlying muscle tissue.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline fleshintogear

If you're not fat at all and you have breasts, then you have gynecomastia. But keep in mind, the male body stores fat primarily in the belly and chest. So if you're just chubby, you still might have breasts. That's just my opinion.

i think that may be the case. I still have about 20lbs to go, and to be honest the overall size has gone down... it's just that they seem saggier and pointier now. we'll see what happens after i lose some more weight. i think it's just a result of gaining weight again.

and no i dont drink alcohol. maybe once evry couple of months thats it.

thanks a lot guys i appreciate it

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
That's odd that it went away the first time and not the 2nd time.  At least you know you have the internal motivation to loose the weight.  You and I are in a similar position as we've both put on weight.  I'm lost about 1/2 of what i've gained.

As far as estorgen. There's been articles written that say it can be found just about anywhere.  Especially in soy based foods, white breads, coffe and OJ. I've read where soy based foods may help to prevent cancer but maybe not so good for gyne.  

DrBermant

Hey guys, im a 19 year-old male. About 5'10" and weigh about 180.

I've always had this slight enlargement problem all my life, but about 4 years ago i started running every day, and after a year and a half i lost about 65lbs. The enlargement problem seemed to have went away within the first 20lbs that I lost. Since then, my weight has been fluctuating a tad bit up until recently.

Back in january of this year I fell off the wagon with my exercising and eating right and gained almost all of the weight back... but this time with the addittion of male breasts. I wasnt back to my original weight of 215, but t i had bigger breasts then at 190.

Since then i've been running every day (for an hour a day) and have lost most of the weight. It's just this time the breasts arent going away. They're still here, and it seems as if they're getting bigger. I tried lifting weights, but that just made the problem even worse. Same thing with pushups.  

So what I want to know is what effect does weight gain have on this? Also, i'm kind of new to the situation, so what is estrogen and what foods/drinks can it be found in? I'm just hoping that there is some way i can manipulate this without costly surgeory.

thanks

Dieting and exercise can make a major change in the entire body including the chest.  Gland is not helped by weight loss.  Residual fat and gland can still cause distortions in the male chest profile.  

The problem is that we do not know how to target where weight comes off from or where it gets added to.  Men tend to add weight to their chest, abdominal region, and love handles.  It can be very difficult to lose weight from those regions.  

Surgery is sometimes an option, before weight loss.  Weight loss is the coarse tool while surgery is the fine one.  As a surgical sculptor, I prefer the coarse tool first, then the fine one second when possible.  I have many patients who lost weight after surgery.  Losing weight after surgery is a gamble.  If the breast area does not reduce with weight loss it can look as if the breasts have "regrown" while what actually happened is that less fat came from the chest than other areas.

Losing weight, having surgery, and then putting fat back on is also a gamble.  Men tend to put fat back on the breasts, abdomen, and love handle regions.  You may get away with it, but is rushing worth it?

Realistic expectations of what surgery offers is important to long term happiness.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Losing weight, having surgery, and then putting fat back on is also a gamble.  Men tend to put fat back on the breasts, abdomen, and love handle regions.  You may get away with it, but is rushing worth it?

Realistic expectations of what surgery offers is important to long term happiness.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

RUSHING what? Is rushing what worth it?
Do you mean rushing to have surgery before adequate weight loss has occurred, or rushing weight loss/crash dieting in the lead up to surgery ?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:43:59 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline jc71

Do you mean rushing to have surgery before adequate weight loss has occurred, or rushing weight loss/crash dieting in the lead up to surgery ?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.  Rushing what?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

DrBermant

I am referring to rushing to have surgery instead of considering weight loss first.  Being patient, getting to a weight with which you are comfortable, and then doing surgery can have advantages.  However, the other also applies.  Weight loss rapidly tends not to stay off.  When someone gradually loses weight, they are typically changing lifestyles and have a better chance of maintaining that weight.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline jc71

I am referring to rushing to have surgery instead of considering weight loss first.  Being patient, getting to a weight with which you are comfortable, and then doing surgery can have advantages.  However, the other also applies.  Weight loss rapidly tends not to stay off.  When someone gradually loses weight, they are typically changing lifestyles and have a better chance of maintaining that weight.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

OK, that makes sense.  It gets back to weight loss being a coarse tool and surgery a fine tool.  :)

DrBermant

OK, that makes sense.  It gets back to weight loss being a coarse tool and surgery a fine tool.  :)

Yes, that is how I view my male chest sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024