Author Topic: after surgery --> swollen + weight gain  (Read 5137 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
hey whats up.

I just had surgery 2 days ago, and just have an important question.

My chest is pretty swollen right now. I just checked the scale and I have gone up to a whopping 175 from my normal weight of 168 lbs! :|. Is the weight gain normal? Its just water right. Im thinking that my chest is just swollen with water, so im pretty sure there is 7 lbs of water in there, but I am not sure. Did you guys experience weight gain after surgery as well?

Thanks

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
oh pheww, good stuff:)

thanks
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:24:52 PM by remyrem6 »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
hey whats up.

I just had surgery 2 days ago, and just have an important question.

My chest is pretty swollen right now. I just checked the scale and I have gone up to a whopping 175 from my normal weight of 168 lbs! :|. Is the weight gain normal? Its just water right. Im thinking that my chest is just swollen with water, so im pretty sure there is 7 lbs of water in there, but I am not sure. Did you guys experience weight gain after surgery as well?

Thanks

It will be swollen and for a bit but we all heal differnt...........
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I gained about 7 and then lost about 16 this week.

Offline flex1appeal

I gained 12lbs that day. LOL. I went from 200lb to 212lb. I have since started losing weight and am back to my norm. The swelling has decreased too.

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
I actually have experienced significant weight loss since my surgery. Around 10 pounds. I have the exact same diet, but before surgery I was very active with exercise and weight training. Perhaps I am losing some of my muscle weight...or the 200cc taken from each side could be a factor...who knows. I'm 5"8 140lbs right now, my goal is a muscular 155!
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024