Author Topic: Size of Areola  (Read 3050 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi All!! I have a question that may seem kind of odd. Please give advice if you can..My PS told me my areola complex is a little bit bigger than average size. They are roughly a tad bigger than the size of a quarter. He told me that when I am relaxed since the nipple is big it folds disturbing the contour of my chest. Anybody else have this problem? I have already had surgery excision and lipo with a previous PS...This is a different PS telling me this about the areola reduction. Does this sound right? Any advice would be great!! My original PS won't do anything, I think he is inexperienced in this type of reconstruction. Thanks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
quarter or barely bigger sounds like about normal to me  ???  the nipple might be a different thing.  how long has it had to recover since the first op? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
headheldhigh, its been about 8 mths now and my nipple areola complex is the same as it was before the operation. I don't have puffies like I've seen in the photo gallery. They kind of look like this.... >  ..... but there is nothing hard behind the areola or nipple complex, just empty space and a little bit of dense breast tissue.

Offline headheldhigh01

if the first guy isn't equal to the task, sounds like a trick getting out of someone else fixing it.  was it the first or 2nd ps who said the nip caused the problem?  if it was the first, did the second agree?  if not, did the first say what he thought it was, or did he just shrug it off?  did the second talk at all about physically reducing nip size?  if you can, it might help to post a photo or two on that board and link from here. 

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
The first PS blew me off at my 6 mth followup..I reiterated to him about the areola/nipple complex again. In my opinion, he has no training in this. When I had consultation with the first PS I told him what I wanted fixed with my areola/nipple. He told me it would shrink after excising the tissue. Well , it didn't. I saw my 2nd PS today and he seems knowledgeable about the subject. As soon as I took my shirt off, he said, well I would like to reduce your areola with donut procedure and shorten the length of your nipple. He said all the breast tissue is out but I was left with some empty space..With the donut technique, he can remove the skin...I mentioned the donut technique to my first PS and he said I wouldnt need that because my skin will shrink up. Well, I'm having surgery next mth, wish me luck....

Offline headheldhigh01

here's wishing you luck. 

He told me it would shrink after excising the tissue. Well , it didn't.
you'd think that would be grounds to hold him to it, but you might be better off out of his hands, though by all rights he should be payin for part of it.  you don't want to be vindictive, but assuming it's that clear-cut, i'd be looking for some way to deliver feedback, like having a chat with whatever medical board licenses the guy. 

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, your right about contacting the medical board but I don't feel like dealing with it. I just want it fixed you know. The dr. didn't botch me up at all, he just didn't fix the original problem. Any PS can remove tissue and fat from a chest, ya know. It's all about technique and skill in the contouring...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024