Author Topic: Just had surgery today.  (Read 2483 times)

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone.  I just had my surgery today.  I have to say I think it went pretty well; however I have not seen the results yet due to being all bandaged up.  I will go for a followup on Tuesday and see the early results.  The worst part was right after he finished and in the recovery room.  That was the worst pain.  At this point it isn't painful at all if I am laying down, but when I stand up and walk around it is pretty painful.  Oh and I see a nice huge bruise under my right breast.  Not really one under the left though so far.  Anyway i'll post some pictures in the photo section in a few days.  By the way I had a severe case.

Offline Custer

• Posting Member
Good luck with your recovery

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Thanks.  It is going very well.  I am about to post before/after pictures on the user photos forum.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
before/after pics posted on user photo forum.  Please post thoughts!!!

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Wow I wore a white t-shirt out in public today and looked awesome.  I can wear some of my shirts that I haven't worn in 15 plus years now!!!  I love it.

Offline tofur99

• Posting Member
Weird that you had intense pain right after, I thought all doc's use local anesthetic in the chest...guess not.  Did they prescribe you pain meds?

you wearing a compression vest?

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Weird that you had intense pain right after, I thought all doc's use local anesthetic in the chest...guess not.  Did they prescribe you pain meds?

you wearing a compression vest?

It isn't intense per say.  It was more like a kind of intense nagging feeling in my chest.  But I would have to say the worse pain was actually the day after.  I am 2 and a half weeks post op but I still get pains when driving long distances because of all the bumps.

I wore compression bandages for 4 days only.  Was really awesome. Check out my pictures under user pics.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024