Author Topic: Had NHS surgery nearly 6 months ago, adivce needed  (Read 3124 times)

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
had NHS surgery 6 months lipo only, and it did certainly help my life did change and i came a lot more confident however the hard tissue remains. i also have lost a lot of weight so the gyne is clearly visible which i hope in turn will make surgery next time easier.

what i am wondering is when i went back to get my bandages checked etc, she said my next appointment will be in 6 months time and that time is coming up at the end of this month. im sitting waiting for a letter to drop any day with a date to go back.

if a letter doesn't come , do you think i should ring the plastic surgery department or go back and see my GP?

if anyone wants to see pictures of before and after let me know and i will post some up

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Hope you managed to get to your appointment. for the future if they don't write you within a month of your last appointment and it is important, you should always chase up the hospital. There is an entire department dedicated to arranging appointments. Don't be afraid to call, NAG and fight until you get what you want. You must never be English when it comes to treatment on the NHS.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
You must never be English when it comes to treatment on the NHS.
Ha ha, literally!

::)

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
still not had a letter, last appointment was 9/08/10 giving it till friday before i ring

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
The NHS takes ages to do anything. I'm going through the same thing right now. I applied for surgery back in April last year and I never had a letter or anything to keep me updated. I've had to chase the whole thing up myself!

Finally, the panel is making a decision next week. After that it'll probably take months for surgery.

Offline thetodd

Put some pics up mate

phone up the hospital and ask, dont phone your GP ask the hospital direct it hasnt got anything to do with your GP now really
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline thetodd

Definate improvement! but yeah the gland is completley still there just zero fat really just muscle

Im not sure what the surgeon will do next i think its unlikley he will agree with excision, i think if he was prepared to do that he would of done it all in one go. But yeah those lumps are the actual breast tissue and need removing to fix your chest for good.

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
Yer it's definitely helped so has the gym , currently at 14%bodyfat , going to try and get down to 9 in the next few months,

May I ask why you think he won't agree with excision? Surely if I say How affects me still for example embrassed to take top off infront of people etc. ? Before I had the op the surgeon said he would decide in theatre whether to excision Or lipo, now that the fats gone you can clearly feel the hard tissue , surely it would be easy to the excision with less fat their ?

Also my mam has bupa health for the whole family through work , would gynecomastia fall under this for free or not ? Don't really like speaking to my mam about as she says am just being daft ,

Offline thetodd

I think when he said he'd decide in the theatre was the yay or nay decision. When he peformed the lipo id imagine that those glands would have been visible im guessing he deemed that you would get a satisfactory result.

These ops must cost the NHS close to 3k per operation i doubt youl get the thumbs up for a second surgery when youve had a good result. If you do a search on NHS on the uk forums youl find a lot of lads in the same boat as you whove had lipo only and then been told by the surgeon that their fine on the checkup.

Hes the man with the final decision so just go and plead your case, and say you wont be truely happy till all of the tissue has gone

BUPA wont perform it, its cosmetic work in their eyes.

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
cheers man, yer that's the plan am really going to say how it still affecting me, letter hasn't arrived still so will give it till monday before ringing again to chase it up. 

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
letter came, 23rd of march, over a month to wait never mind better than nothing, suppose one month isn't really that long for something that will hopefully change my life even better than the first operation.

edit: just to let you know i am only 19 had first operation when i was 18.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024