Author Topic: Surgery Update  (Read 2284 times)

Offline James2012

• Posting Member
Hi all.

My surgery is booked for tomorrow and hopefully all goes well. Will let you know how it goes.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:31:29 PM by James2012 »

Offline fatjoe

good on you mate , How much is it costing?
did u try working out or tried those medical treatment before choosing surgery i just want to know if its a waste of time to do so

Offline James2012

• Posting Member
Have been working out for years but it never worked. In fact the more I concentrated on chest the problem looked worse. I'm unaware of any other medical treatments and I'm lead to believe that surgery is the only option. I know there are pills on the market that claims to help but I believe it's only a scam. The surgery is about $7k without insurance. Thanks.

Offline James2012

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

Thought I would post a quick update. I'm 3 days post op and feeling ok. The surgery experience with Sue and her team including the Linley clinic is exactly how everyone else here describes it. It was excellent and they really make you feel comfortable and are very professional. I won't go into too much detail as it's the same as everyone else's story on here, however went in at 8am, had the surgery at lunch time and left the hospital at around 7. The whole day went very quick and wasn't in too much pain at all. The worst part was taking the tubes out that evening which is more of a uncomfortable feeling as you can feel the tubes coming out.

That night and the next day I pretty much rested as my movement was restricted and still feeling a bit groggy. In fact my chest doesn't really hurt but feels like I did an intense chest workout. I took some pain killers on Wednesday night and Thursday however really didn't feel the need to. Having said that, on night 2 I found it very had to sleep as its uncomfortable with the vest or maybe its cause I was very rested.

Day 2(Friday, 2 days after surgery) I went to see Sue to remove the bandages and I do recommend shaving, waxing or clipping before the surgery, I shaved and the bandages did not hurt when they were coming off. When they took the bandages off I remember looking down and can see my chest allot flatter or less pointier then before and was extremely happy with the results. Had Sue check over me and said everything is healing well. Wearing the vest without all that extra bandages  is definitely more comfortable.

Later that day (Friday) I was preparing for my first shower since the surgery. I was very excited to take off my vest and look in the mirror. With Sue I had incision/excision (not sure if it was the glands or fat tissue or breast tissue or a mixture of everything, that was removed, maybe someone could help in regards to this and the different methods that can be used) but no lipo, I don't think Sue does lipo. When I took of my vest, the results were pretty good and my moobs or whatever you call them were less pointy or female like however not sure if it's because they are still swollen, my chest is not flat. I'm currently little overweight and need to shed about 5-8 kilos which might help with my chest. However I'm very happy with the results so far and hope the results continue getting better. Without the vest on my chest felt very unsupported so I wanted to hurry with my shower so I can put the vest back on. Another tip, I bought 2 vest's and put the new one on while I hand washed the other one. After the shower and the new vest I felt very comfortable and in fact didn't take any pain killers and am not planning to take any as there is really no pain but just an uncomfortable feeling and a very sensitive chest area.

I do have some questions if anyone can help.

1, The first question is can it come back? After going through the whole process I would be disappointed if it did. If so, how can you prevent it?

2, Incision VS Lipo, what's the difference? Would Lipo give you a more flatter result?

3, When did people start working out again and any tips to really getting a flat/lean chest.
4, What to expect into week 1,2,3 etc post surgery.

So far the whole experience has been good and highly recommend Sue's team. She is not the cheapest and the surgery is about 7k without any private health insurance and maybe some Medicare rebate. The gyno better stay away at that price.

Right now I'm happy with the results and I feel very good and not sore at all. My chest only feels sore like I've had a big chest workout. However I did expect a better result as I still have fat around the chest area however is still early days. Anyone of thinking on doing this surgery, you should do it. For the brief time I had the vest off, I put on a lean white t-shirt and was very happy.

Will keep you all updated however if anyone can help with the above questions or tips that would be much appreciated

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024