Author Topic: Have we lost membership  (Read 4378 times)

aboywithgirls

I agree, Steven.  For myself,  I like bras the way they are. I can get a great fitting and comfortable bra at many stores. It may have lace or bows or it may be a plunge.  Its not a big deal. Only my wife and I see it.

hammer

I also agree! A bra is a bra, is a bra, and they are made to support breast, so if you have breast and are more comfortable in a bra, then wear one!

Now days, we have boys trying to  be girls and girls that are trying to be boys and same sex marriage so if you're a straight guy who has breast, then wear a bra, and if anyone has any problem with it, the hell with them!

aboywithgirls

Agreed! Hammer, I know that you and I are on the same page about getting fitted. I think that I have mentioned that on several occasions while getting fitted, the sales girl will ,of course will bring different bras for you to try on. It happens more times than not, she'll say " I hope that it's not too feminine for you. "  I'll tell her don't worry about that, it's a bra, it's supposed to be feminine unless you sell mens bras that I don't know about!
When I'm wearing a bra, which is almost always, no matter how much lace, lift, projection, bows it has, or what color it is or even if it has an animal print or if it comes with matching panties. To me, it's either a man's bra or it's just a bra!

Online Johndoe1

I do have a bra that's color is gun metal! That is the listed color! I guess it is for women who like guns?! 
It is funny you mention about "men's bras" or actually lack there of. I am with ABWG and Hammer on this. I was just talking with my bra fitter yesterday about this very thing. I was telling her there was nothing in that store designed with a male in mind. No where did she sell a "man's bra." If I needed support, I had to buy what was sold and every bra she had in her store was designed for and marketed to women, meaning if the bra had lace or bows or those little metal medallions hanging between the cups that are becoming popular, so be it. No one sees my bra except me. I am now beyond caring about trivial stuff like that. I look for function, not fashion and if it happens to have embellishments, I'm cool with it. I would rather be supported than fretting over bows. Just how I feel about it.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I also have a gun metal bra. Its trimmed in pink lace with a pink bow between the cups and pink bows at the base of the straps. It's a 38G.

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Interesting replies and all missing the point I was making (or trying to make...not for the first time on the internet I find myself wondering if I actually speak the same language!).
It is not a question of who on this board wears bras or whether those on this board like wearing bras or not.  It is a question of whether the majority of those men who have gynaecomastia would wear a bra if such were to be designed for men.
After WWI and .WWII there was a huge surge in women wearing clothing that was traditionally in the male domain (trousers/pants, shirts, some types of footwear), principally because women were taking up work traditionally done by men and therefore needed the same (or similar) workwear.  While at first this was of course clothing made for men it was not long before clothes designers altered the garments to better fit a woman's shape. (And from an earlier era women's underwear was also similarly altered due to the fashion for cycling.)  
I do not doubt for a moment that you all like the bras you wear.  I don't doubt it because if you didn't like them you wouldn't wear them.  But that  doesn't stop me from being surprised that no enterprising designer has done for men what has been done so often for women.

aboywithgirls

I can see your point. However, there are so many bra makers out there. I've been wearing a bra for almost 30 years now and in that time, I have tried alot of them. Because of all of the variables in breast size and shape and over all upper body build, a bra maker trying to make bras for men in mind would have a  limited market. 
I have bras by 4-5 different makers  that I have found that fit me. I wear sports bras, leisure bras, unlined bras for summer and molded cup bras for cooler weather. Then we get to colors and if I'm wearing a tank top or if I'm wearing just a t shirt. 
It would take a lot of time and research for a bra maker to be able to fill my top drawer. However, if someone came out with a 38G bra for men, that did what my current ladies bras do for me for 18+ hours, I would definitely give it a try.
It's like with work boots.  Many women are still wearing mens work boots because women's boots aren't as good. 

Online Johndoe1

I am ABWG on this one. There would need to be LOTS of R&D done to produce a man bra that does for the male what the female bra does for the female simply because of the two completely different mind sets on what a bra should do. My guess is the man bra would not fit the same and that might be because since it is a man's it HAS to be different so as NOT to be considered, FEMALE. Dumb reason. I would give it a try, but for some reason, I suspect I would continue to wear a female bra for fit and comfort. That is already figured out R&D wise.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024