Author Topic: My story-please read and help  (Read 2860 times)

Offline THIS SUCKS

I am 29 years old (almost 30).  I have suffered from alcoholism and drug addiction since I was 15.  A couple of years ago I found a drug called Subutex for opiate addiction, and was put on Valium, Depakote, and Lunesta.  Because of these drugs my doctor gave me, I have been able to completely stop my drug abuse.  I have gotten my drug addiction completely under control, but these new drugs have left me with puffy nipples and enlarged breasts.  I have researched it on the internet and sure enough Valium and Subutex both cause gynecomastia.  I never in my life had a problem with it until after I started taking these damn drugs. 

From what I've read, if drugs are the cause of the condition, it will go away once you lower or stop taking the drugs.  Please tell me this is true, or will I have to have surgery? 

P.S. I would guess that my condition is about average.  It is more puffy nipples than anything else.  TORTUROUS.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...From what I've read, if drugs are the cause of the condition, it will go away once you lower or stop taking the drugs.  Please tell me this is true, or will I have to have surgery? 

Congrats on kicking the drugs!  :)

I understand the same thing about the gyne going away once the drugs are stopped, at least in a lot of cases.... But, I also remember reading somewhere that the longer somebody has gyne caused by a drug or other substance, the greater chance it won't go away when the cause is removed. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline THIS SUCKS

Thanks for your reply.  I have had it now for about a year so who knows if it will go away or not.  When the nips(lol. the abbreviations used on this site are funny but not really funny if you know what I mean) get cold you cant even tell i have it.  But let em warm up and boy are they sexy!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024