Author Topic: Prolactin Induced Puffy Nipples  (Read 15626 times)

Offline MSJ108

Docs what are your thoughts on high levels of prolactin causing puffy nipples? I developed puffy nipples while having a discharge from my nipples about 5 years ago. I recently had my prolactin levels checked but still have the puffiness. Thanks.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Man-Boobs---Whats-The-Deal-With-Puffy-Nipples?&id=809542
Puffy nipples in men are a common non medical term for Gynecomastia. Normally the puffy nipples are part of the breast distortion that stems from the Gynecomastia. The puffy nipples can take on many different forms but generally is nothing more than a distortion of the nipples and areola area. When the nipples are stimulated they tend to tighten and push the nipple upward but when not stimulated it allows the shape of a pointed nipple and areola in which the fats ruins the pectoral contour. Insufficient or defective testosterone or an unbalance of hormones like Estrogen and Prolactin can cause female looking breast and puffy nipples in men.
Puffy nipples affect about 1/3 of the male population. They are unattractive and can indeed cause a male to suffer from very low self esteem. The good news is that men do not have to just accept the fact that they have bulging nipples and they no longer need to suffer if they are embarrassed by them. There are both hormonal and corrective surgery options available. Hormonal treatment, which is non surgical can only work for some males but surgery will work for all of the males regardless of the cause behind their puffy nipples. There are two different glands that can be responsible for the puffy nipples, glandular or fat tissues. Although both can be corrected through surgical efforts, the procedure will vary depending on the cause. However, either procedure requires only a small incision that will eventually blend right in around the nipple area.

Some men have puffy nipples simply because they are overweight. If this is the case then no surgery is required but instead a doctor would recommend a good diet and a well rounded exercise plan. Also in males that are going through or who have just gone through puberty, this condition will go away on its own with no need for any treatment. But for those males who find that their puffy nipples have not gone away and they are embarrassed by them, even perhaps avoiding any activity that requires taking of your shirt, then you can reach out for help as it is available.

The surgical route is a cure all although it can be expensive, it is also a guarantee. It is cosmetic in nature and is conducted on an outpatient basis. The recovery period is slight and males can normally return to work with two weeks at the most. The technique that is most often used is liposuction and there are minimal incisions with very little, if any, scarring. If you have to or want to opt out of surgery then diet, exercise, and over the counter natural and herbal remedies may help as well. Remember, this condition is mainly fatty deposits around your breasts so exercise along with diet will help to tighten up those chest muscles providing a much firmer and flatter chest region. In combination with the herbal supplements, the results will not be quite as fast but they will work if you stick with it.

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
i have slight nipple puffyness and got my blood tested, i had high prolactin, not that high, (18) but still high for a 17 yr old kid.  Doctor said that prolactin levels above normal can make testosterone levels drop, and when u correct the prolactin problem the testosterone goes back up to normal, i have been on cabergoline tablets, (dostinex) for 3 weeks and feel/look the same, the doctor said it could take 6 months or more for this to go away, im getting a blood test in a week and a half to see if the medicine has helped, i will keep u posted.

Offline MSJ108

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
I want to know more about prolactin and puffy
nips
bump

Offline MSJ108

Offline MSJ108

Offline MSJ108

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024