Author Topic: Need som advice - Does this Doctor seem good?  (Read 3043 times)

Offline oleoze

• Posting Member
Ive been looking around for places where they have gynecomastia surgery and ive only found one over here at my place :).

http://www.plasticsurgery.nu/gynecomastia.htm

What do you guys think? If you look at the pictures. Is that a good job? You guys that already had a surgery is that a good job the doctor has done? I think it looks flat but the nipples looks the same but i think thats because the guy has those kind of nipples. What do you think?

Offline oleoze

• Posting Member
What do you think I should do? Over here in Europe you can get your operation for free, the "state" is paying for it only if you really suffering from it. But the problem is that you will have to wait and wait and wait and ive already been waiting for half a year. So i go for this option. I cant find anyone else and i cant live with this any more.

Offline hypo

oleoze,

Just to let you know Graham has an anti surgery agenda and knows very little about surgery and certainly even less when it comes to endocrinology.

You do of course need to see/have a consultation with an endocrinologist who will take a detailed medical history and check your hormones via blood pathology.

If you make an appointment with your general doctor you can ask for this referral to be made for you if it has not been made already

Make sure you get a copy of your blood results for your own records.

If you post them here I can let you know what they look like from a patient’s perspective that has a hormone disorder.

If you prefer to not have surgery and live with gynecomastia and that is a choice that some men decide to take then all the very best- and I hope you add contribution/posts to the board.

If however you decide to go the surgical route;

The success rate for surgery is 64%.  Most people are either far happier or pleased with their results post surgery.  Quite a few people are dissatisfied with the result 36%, but rarely do people ever report looking/feeling worse than they did prior to surgery.

You do need to ask your prospective surgeon a number of question, here are some of them, perhaps other people can add to this list;

Does he perform this type of surgery on a regular basis?

How many gynecomastia surgeries does he perform in a year?

How he is proposing to do the surgery?   (There are different methods (ask him to name the method).

What are his expectations from the procedure?

How successful he has been with such procedures?

Would you be able to contact any of his previous patients?

If you do not have confidence in him, you need to walk away and find someone else, it would actually be a good idea to visit more than one surgeon to find out how different surgeons compare.

In the meantime if you post your pictures on the board people can give you their opinion on your problem, something that can be very relevant to the type of procedure you require.

Offline oleoze

• Posting Member
Thnx for the information!

I didnt understand what you guys ment with check your hormons and stuff but i got it. Half a year ago i was taking a blood test and the doctor checked my hormons and it turned out that i only had it in my breast. And the other thing that hypo was talking about if i got fat or both, well I am as skinny as it gets, not too skinny tho. I can feel and see that its just Breast-Tissue.

Im going to write a letter to the Doctor and ask him the questions.

Offline hypo

The best option is to simply by-pass the your general doctor by asking for a referal to see an endocrinologist- stating the concern being the gynecomastia.

That way you will be speaking with someone who should know the issues.

General doctors simply know very little when it comes to hormones and their actions.

Offline oleoze

• Posting Member
I think it was a endocrinologist i was talking to. I didnt know what the Word was for that kind of "doctor" so i called it a doctor. The lady i was talking to told me that it could be more and she checked my throat for things and my balls  :D.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024