Author Topic: What did your doctor recommend?  (Read 1644 times)

Orb

I had been wearing a bra for several weeks before I went to my Dr. checkup. I started wearing it because I was having this weird discomfort in my boobs, sensitive nipples, an achy irritated feeling, etc. I told him about it and his response was "do you think you need to wear a bra?" My initial thought on this question was that he thought I might be afraid that I needed to. But I told him that's what I had been doing, and then he told me about compression shirts. I told him I didn't mind wearing a bra except for fear of someone noticing. We discussed some other things, and his final words were, "give them compression and support and if you are self-conscious wearing a bra, then you can try a compression shirt."

I have since wondered if his question "do you think you need to wear a bra?" was maybe a suggestion formed as a question. I hope it was, as I have found I like the feeling of support I get from the bra. I just wish a man wearing a bra was more socially acceptable.
I feel your Dr may have tried to open the door for you.  How you feel physically is where you were both going with it however the emotional aspect of it is all on you.  You know if you do wear more your not alone.  Society as a whole may question but all of us understand and are with you on both fronts.

Upfront

Orb
 "on both fronts" I liked the humour and had a chuckle whether it was deliberate or not! 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Thanks, Orb!
I missed the 'double' entendre.....

Offline RAPC

• Posting Member
I just wish a man wearing a bra was more socially acceptable.
Actually it is, if you wear the kind joggers are known to wear. They wear them to protect their nipples. They come in very neutral styles as well. 😉

Here is one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lejafay-Sleeveless-T-Shirts-Fitness-X-Large/dp/B0BQR4N6X1/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?keywords=Mens+Sports+Bra&qid=1684143027&sr=8-16

These look interesting. Do they provide very much support?

Brdy64

I just wish a man wearing a bra was more socially acceptable.
Actually it is, if you wear the kind joggers are known to wear. They wear them to protect their nipples. They come in very neutral styles as well. 😉

Here is one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lejafay-Sleeveless-T-Shirts-Fitness-X-Large/dp/B0BQR4N6X1/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?keywords=Mens+Sports+Bra&qid=1684143027&sr=8-16

These look interesting. Do they provide very much support?
I tried something similar, but more compression (TomboyX), it provided lots of support!
My problem is sensitive skin, and I broke out in rashes.
I had friends years ago that swore by the men's bra while racing bikes, so I assume they worked well. I don't think they are much more compression than a regular sports bra. 😉

Gino

My female GP recommended a mammogram due to painful breast lumps and afterward asked if I wanted to see an endocrinologist to which I replied no and that I wasn't  interested in HRT or surgery. 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Suggested that you do visit 

A hormone panel to eliminate the possibility of a pituitary gland malfunction… easily fixed.

It’ll also reveal a direction that your body is taking ….  ie. wt loss causing aromatase to convert testosterone to estrogen. That trajectory can be altered easily to reduce growth rate

Regards, Bob 
Regards, Bob

Upfront

Gino
Yes mammograms are not for the faint hearted. 
Mammogram x-ray machines are known in UK radiographic dept as "the organ grinder" 

Brdy64

I have been sent in for a mammogram every year since breast cancer in 1989.
Strange enough it usually consisted of 'one' image on each side, but lately it has been 'three'.
Also previously I would have the mammogram and they would just send me on my merry way to follow up with my GP.
This last time I had to sit and wait quite awhile until the doctor could go over the results with me.
Questions about recent medication changes, and am I on HRT? No, to all of the above.
There has been 'significant' increase in my 'gynecomastia' since my last mammogram apparently. 
Breast center called a few days later recommending genetic testing as well. I already had those tests, and yes, I have the gene mutation. No, I don't know where those test results ended up. 
My last mammogram was quite the experience. 🙄

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Just finished my first one 

It is a newer version that is 3 D 

Harder for oldsters to position to get the chin out of the way 

Same for me the MD radiologist, came in to do a detailed assessment of 
what and maybe why I have such a rapid onset of gynecomastia 

Idiopathic was the conclusion 
I think the the rapid testosterone drop and flipping of the T/E ratio is the reason 

Plus a few genetic factors not understood from Kleinfelters and MEN type 2 testing. No problems in the above syndromes 

Regards, Bob 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024