Author Topic: Did you discover the benefits of wearing a bra on your own?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline blad

When you tried a bra on for the first time, was it a result of your own conclusion and assessment, or was it a comment or suggestion by some one else that you should try one? 

I first tried a bra when I was in my teen years, after developing breasts at the same time as the girls in my class. I had not made the connection on my own that I would fit a bra or that it would be appropriate to try one. But the constant comments from others at school made me start to wonder if I would fit a bra and I began to wonder how it would feel to wear one. This growing curiosity finally lead me to try a bra on for the first time.

It was an instant revelation how well it fit. I was amazed to look down and see my own cleavage held in the bra cups. It was an odd sensation at first to feel the bra straps around me but I quickly became comfortable with how it felt to wear a bra. As a teen it was sort of an exciting secret that I fit a bra and felt I looked good wearing one. I also began to realize I was more comfortable with my breasts while wearing a bra, that it had a function. I think the comfort was both physical and emotional. 

So I realized that all the comments that I needed a bra were right, even if not made to be helpful. If they only knew that I did start to wear a bra when I could. I was in a grey zone where I agreed with them on needing a bra but could not publicly agree.

But it did start me on a path of more acceptance and comfort. The unfortunate barrier was feeling fully free to enjoy the benefits of wearing a bra in public. That required some time and maturity. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

I was a teen when I went to the lake with my cousin. I took off my shirt to jump in the water and she noticed I had breasts. Her comment that "I had more than her" caught me off guard to say the least. I think I was about 12-13?
Later that evening she came to my room with one of her outfits and asked if I wanted to try it on, including the bra. It was a perfect fit. 
Unfortunately my father walked in and caught me in a pink skirt, white blouse, and bra. Needless to say it took years to live that one down. 😳
I didn't ever try a bra on again until recently.
I grew to about a B cup and stayed there most of my adult life. I could have benefited from a bra but couldn't get past the stigma of it.
About a year ago or so growth hit me again. I am overweight, and was much more overweight then. I hit a DD when occupational therapist started suggesting support after measuring me. 
She said I needed it to address the neck and back pain.
So I guess it has been suggested to me twice. 🤔
I am down to a D cup after weight loss, but growing again. 🙄
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 02:46:55 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Upfront

I discovered my boobs myself , but  it was  my GP Who pointed me in the direction of bra wearing .
Best bit of medical advice I ever had

aboywithgirls

My grandmother had mentioned that I should start wearing a bra when I was 12. My mom offered for me to try some bras that my sister had outgrown. I liked how they felt but I only wore them on an as needed basis until I was 16.

My sister saw me topless one day and told my mother that I was as big as her. My mother had said that I needed to start wearing a bra full time. She took me bra shopping that day and I've been wearing one every day since. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
My breasts began growing when I was around 60.  They grew pretty rapidly over two years.  I visited my Doctor to address the soreness and make sure I didn't have breast cancer.  His Physician Assistant suggested that I should wear a bra for support. And wrote a note to my wife.  Have worn one ever since.

p.r.1974

I was always one of the tallest and biggest kids in my class growing up. We had just moved cities, and my parents thought it might be a good experience to try some things. I believe I was eight or nine when I was in little league soccer for a year. At the end of the season there was a pool party at one of the player's homes. I had taken my shirt off to swim with kids that I thought were friends. The snickering and pointing had me out of the pool, dressed and isolating as much as possible until it was time to get picked up. And that was only a fleshy chest. To this day everything has to be right at a private pool for me to be comfortable enough to be topless.

Then puberty happened about ten or eleven and I developed more actual breast tissue. And talking about it with my family wasn't possible. We barely got past pleasantries, church, and discipline.

It has been a bumpy road from back then.
(spelling)

Brdy64

I was always one of the tallest and biggest kids in my class growing up. We had just moved cities, and my parents thought it might be a good experience to try some things. I believe I was eight or nine when I was in little league soccer for a year. At the end of the season there was a pool party at one of the player's homes. I had taken my shirt off to swim with kids that I thought were friends. The snickering and pointing had me out of the pool, dressed and isolating as much as possible until it was time to get picked up. And that was only a fleshy chest. To this day everything has to be right at a private pool for me to be comfortable enough to be topless.

Then puberty happened about ten or eleven and I developed more actual breast tissue. And talking about it with my family wasn't possible. We barely got past pleasantries, church, and discipline.

It has been a bumpy road from back then.
(spelling)
Not having a family that's open enough to actually discuss it is murder. It's either 'taboo' to even talk about it, or results in teasing. At least that was my experience. 

Brdy64

My grandmother had mentioned that I should start wearing a bra when I was 12. My mom offered for me to try some bras that my sister had outgrown. I liked how they felt but I only wore them on an as needed basis until I was 16.

My sister saw me topless one day and told my mother that I was as big as her. My mother had said that I needed to start wearing a bra full time. She took me bra shopping that day and I've been wearing one every day since.

♥️Sophie♥️
I wish my family was as understanding.
Best I got was grandma showing me how to take in the waists on pants to fit my curves. She would go as far as saying "you sure got a set of hips on you". 

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I had a chest as a teenager, not to a great extent, but enough to attract bullies for nipple twisting. My condition abated slightly through my twenties, but I always had something. Last year, however, with some growth they became far more noticeable. I didn’t decide to try one until a confluence of events: I was experiencing waves of sensation behind my nipples, then noticing a friend distractedly staring at my chest, and finally observing obvious motion going up and down stairs. “Would a bra help?” It did and does. 

Here For My Girls

All I'm going to say is I discovered bras from a bit of a fetish in my teens that turned into a necessity....

Brdy64

All I'm going to say is I discovered bras from a bit of a fetish in my teens that turned into a necessity....
Hmm 🤔
My first time in a bra I was just barely an A cup, I didn't really 'need' one at that size but it did fit. It also felt extremely good on me. 🙄
I was also in my teens, I just had enough to notice. Enough that I endured never ending 'Titty twisters'.  Me and my female cousin were about the same size. She grew into about a B cup later (20's), and so did I.
Of course she stayed in her bra, I never did until recently.
I wish I would have just continued using a bra. It ended up being more than a fetish, it was a necessity. 🤔

45 years of gravity has not been kind to me. 😳
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 05:28:48 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Gino

For me, on my own. At first it was a matter of the need for concealment, that's no longer an issue at all. 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
I figured it might/would help after spending some time here. So I took the plunge and got a bunch of wrong sized sports bras. Found a couple that fit finally but then grew more. I needed the support due to all the known problems and bit the bullet and went to Torrid for a fitting.Doing fine for now. Was a little surprised at how much tissue the mammogram showed in the underarm area, may have to graduate to an underwire soon as I am still growing 
Regards, Bob
Regards, Bob

Kazmage

On my own 
I started having pain and tenderness thought it would go away but it didn't so off to the doctor he did a examination and determined just fat .
But the pain wouldn't go away so I opted for a pullover bra that helped a little bit but not enough .
After a bit of trial and error I found some that fit alright 
But being on here and reading with encouragement of Sophie I bit the bullet and went to get a fitting 

Offline RAPC

• Posting Member
Yes, I discovered it on my own.

It started when by boobs got this weird sensitive irritated feeling and they just felt better when I had something holding them. A lot of times I was holding them with my hands. I convinced my wife to let me try a bra and I found I liked how it felt. Several weeks later, at my Doctor checkup, I told him about the discomfort I was having. His reply was, "Do you think you need to wear a bra?" I told him that I had been wearing one and the worst part was worrying that people would notice. He told me about compression shirts. He also told me about gynecomastia, and what to watch for in terms of breast cancer. His final words on the issue were to give them (my boobs) compression and support, and if I was self-conscious wearing a bra to look in to the compression shirt. I took this to mean that wearing a bra was okay.

I have since wondered if his question, "do you think you need to wear a bra?" was a suggestion formed as a question, (i.e. would you be open minded to wearing a bra?) or a restatement of what I might be fearing (i.e. are you afraid you might have to wear a bra?)

At any rate, my boobs just feel better when I wear it. I still worry about people noticing though. Mostly because I think it will embarrass my wife for our friends to notice me wearing it. In their presence, I make sure to take extra precautions to make sure it's concealed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024