Author Topic: Hello (again)  (Read 1126 times)

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Hello to all!

Well, I guess I will start this show by saying that about 12 to 18 months ago I stumbled across this site when I finally had enough of my "moobs" and decided to see what the internet had to offer.  I was surprized to see that there was an actual medical condition associated with my appearance and several doctors that specialized in cosmetic surgery of male breasts.

I lurked on the boards for a while and made a few posts (under a different user name) and found everyone was very nice and helpful.  I learned a couple of things.  First - was that I needed to get my weight under control.  At 6'5" 250 lbs I didn't really consider myself fat, but every ounce of weight is focused in my torso - basically love handles and moobs.  But, through diet and working out a little, I dropped close to 30 pounds and have held it pretty steady for the past year.  Second thing I learned was that I was going to need some way to bring this up to my wife.  That was a stumbling block.  I never could come up with a good way to start this conversation.

Days, weeks, then months went by...finally, I missed my "window of opportunity" because I didn't want to have the surgery done during summer and be laid up during the prime 'outdoors' weather.  Plus, she never seemed to mind or say anything about my appearance so I figured she must be cool with it, so I kind of let everything go.

Lately, though it seems like the moobs are getting ME down more and more.  Like I notice people saying more and more things.  I also think they might be getting a little bigger and/or lower due to me getting a little older.  Maybe they actually seem bigger in proportion because I have lost a little weight?

To boil everything down, am seriously looking at the the surgery now.  I figure that I am 35 and haven't had my shirt off in public for over 20 years.  I may still never take it off, but at least I could look good in a shirt and not draw stares and dropped jaws when I switch into a life jacket at the lake.

Anyway, I will post some pics on the pictures thread.  Judging from some of the pics I have seen, I am definitely toward the worst end of the spectrum.  I think the gyne, plus my tendency to carry all my weight in my torso and the fact that I don't really work out my chest make everything look pretty bad.

So I will put up the pics.  I'd be extremely interested to hear from anyone on the 'bigger' end of the moob spectrum - which doctor you went to, how you like the results, etc.  I'll also put up a pic of my profile when I wear my underarmor shirt.  I don't think my chest will ever be 'flat', but I think my profile is at least 'decent' with the underarmor and I'd be happy if it could be reduced to that or even a little less.

Anyway, look forward to hearing some input.

Peace.

Link to picture post thread
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,11175.0.html
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:42:50 PM by gyne35 »

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
I understand how you feel. I'am also 35 years old.

Here is my pics. I'am going to this surgey by the spring of next year

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024