Author Topic: basic questions  (Read 1983 times)

Offline batteryacid

how do you make an appointment for something of this nature?  do you first see a family doctor who recommends what to do next? did you all get mammograms?

what are the signs of lumps/tissue being cancerous or dangerous?  vs just there i guess...

should you talk to family about this?  if surgery is an option for me, i might try and keep this to myself.

also, for those who had surgery.  did tissue removal damage chest muscles?  i am a serious weightlifter and this concerns me

thanks

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
also, for those who had surgery.  did tissue removal damage chest muscles?  i am a serious weightlifter and this concerns me
i underwent surgery more than a month ago, i have no damage to pectoral muscles, There is LOSS of sensation though around the areola, that is where fat and gland was removed. The nerves were severed and thus lost sensation. The doc said it takes 6months to 1year to regain sensation (by what i hear, this loss of sensation is very common)

hope this answered your question

abt telling ur family, i m all for telling ur family. they are ur emotional harbour, even if they dont understand you at the first instance dont feel bad, keep urself in their shoes, they consider their kid (or spouse) to be the most perfect in the world, it takes courage to tell them, and rest assured, its very very important.

some people around this forum have gone under knife with out any soul knowing abt it, also depends on the laws in ur country.

ciao
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 01:17:23 AM by hungry.tides »
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Good answers above.  As far as talking to your family....hard to say for each individual person.  Personally, I have told NO ONE about my condition.  I'm working on the best approach to tell my wife, but that is really as far as I ever plan to take it.  Everyone else will just hear "I am working out a little and trying to tone up and loose some weight"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024