Author Topic: Something doesn't feel right  (Read 1767 times)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
So I'm 6 days post-op and I've notice that my scar where my excision was done on my nipple just doesn't look right. It looks somewhat puffy and almost bubbly if that makes sense. I also am feeling something on my right side which feels like more breast tissue that wasn't there yesterday. Could this possibly be scar tissue forming? If so, how do I know it's scar tissue and not more breast tissue reforming. Everything has looked great and heling smoothinly up until today. I'm really upset and nervous. Going to see my PS tomorrow, but was hoping for a response ASAP. Please help.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Could be swelling on the right side, I'm 4 days post op and my chest has almost swollen back to the size it was before the op, it takes a while to go down. Did you have drains? If so for how long?

Can't say much about your scar, might be an infection but probably nothing and just the way your body heals.

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
I had drains. They were in for 2 nights and my doc said he rarely ever uses them but he did so because he took alot out of my right side (which is the side that feels weird). He said he took out about a baseball size worth of breast tissue. I got the tubes out Thursday morning and haven't really had any problems until today. You may be spot on with it being swelling though. Should I be making my garment tighters and or icing/heat? This is really upsetting me because everything seemed to be healing so well and it looked great the past coupld days.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
I guess as soon as the drains were taken out it began to swell up, which is what happened to me and I had drain in for one day.

If he took out the tissue it shouldn't come back.

My swelling hasn't gone down yet and I'm worrying and nervous as well so we are in this together lol, I've heard it can take months to go down properly sometimes.

As for the garment I'm not even wearing one, but I would suggest just leaving it to whatever the surgeon suggested it to be as he is the expert, same with icing and heat, don't do it. If it worked then it would be known and people would advise you to do it. Hope this helps, although I barely know anything.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024