Author Topic: Are you awake for the Gyne surgery?  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
I saw a video and he was awake
"I can Do ALL Things Through him who Strengthens Me"

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, you can be...

With a 'Local' (localized to the surgery area) anesthetic you are awake. With a 'General' anesthetic, you are sleeping. Most likely, it's surgeon/patient preference...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
My surgeon put me under.. I prefer it.. You wake up and it's done. No waiting required :)
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline MSJ108

My surgeon put me under.. I prefer it.. You wake up and it's done. No waiting required :)

that's what I had. out like a light!

Offline Godfather

• Posting Member

that's what I had. out like a light!
ya me too i think its cool man. especially when you feel it coming on and your like oh boy here we go im gonna be out soon!!!!!!!

Offline MSJ108

ya felt drunk as hell before I went out

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I was under local anesthesia with twlight sedation via an IV.  I had a valium before hand and he also put something in the IV before the sedation that "would make me feel a little happy." haha.  That's all I remember before waking up in a very comfy bed with blankets all over me. 

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
     sedation  fooey,!!    take a gulp of whiskey   then put a hunk of  leather  between you teeth and  bite down.......    like they did in the old days  pulling an arrow out of a  guy

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
It was like the best kind of drunk I've ever been. I'd have stayed awake under the preanesthetic if they would let me. I never asked. I was having too much fun.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
     sedation  fooey,!!    take a gulp of whiskey   then put a hunk of  leather  between you teeth and  bite down.......    like they did in the old days  pulling an arrow out of a  guy

I would have if it would knock the price down... But, it wasnt an option.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
I went under LA (Local).

I remembered bits of the op, but the 2 hours seemed to go by in what felt like 5 minutes.

When I woke up, I was chatting rubbish. Among the things I said were

(To my girlfriend) "Stop! You cant touch me unless you're purple" - Because before the op they cleansed me in a purple germ killing liquid

(To the Nurse) " Gosh you look so funny in a hat"

To the Surgeon - "Doc that op was like a video game, u were trying to get me with that gun (Think I meant the lypo tube) but I managed to escape from you

I didnt remember saying any of this until my girlfriend told me lol. So Yes I was kinda awake for the whole thing, but only remember 5 minutes of it

Offline MSJ108

It was like the best kind of drunk I've ever been. I'd have stayed awake under the preanesthetic if they would let me. I never asked. I was having too much fun.

hahaha nice

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I had IV sedation with no problems. One moment I was talking to the nurse about music and the next thing I knew, I was waking up like from a good nap.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
I kinda half expected to hear about me wandering the halls in the hospital all dopey singing "Good morning starshine" with my robe backwards and open.. I guess I wasnt that bad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024