Author Topic: Advice needed.  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Woobs

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

I’ve recently found my way here and am really looking for some advice I guess.

When I was young, I was fat, I mean really fat; 21stone by the time I was 16. Anyway, I went away to university and decided to loose weight. Over a couple of years I lost 8 stone through a combination of eating well and exercise. Sounds like  a success story so far doesn’t it?

Unfortunately my weight-loss has left with with breasts – as bad as any that I’ve seen on here, and a lot of loose skin around my stomach. I’ve been going to the gym to try to tone this up, but of course it doesn’t work. I’m 26 now and haven’t really taken my shirt of in front of anyone for 10 years, I’ve haven’t been swimming for about 14 years and have only ever had one serious relationship.

I suppose I feel a bit cheated, when I was fat people used to tell me how good it would feel to be thin, I’d be able to fit into the clothes I wanted, do the sports I wanted…the possibilites would be endless. The truth is that I feel worse now than I did then, my breasts look much bigger and people notice them more.

I’m really at rock bottom, and need to get this problem sorted out. I’ve been told by a doctor friend that as well as the gyncomastia operation, I’ll need an apronectomy (tummy tuck) to loose the skin around my stomach. I’m sure that these operations will cost thousands – money I don’t have, though I do have about £1500 saved. I’m considering visiting my GP and seeing if I can get help on the NHS, or even going abroad to get the surgery done because it’s so much cheeper than the UK.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Do you have any pics to post?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Are you employed or unemployed?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Woobs

• Posting Member
No, I haven't taken any pics yet. I suppose I can do though.

Yes, I have a job....

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Start saving for surgery dude....  Take out a loan if you have to....

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You gave your weight in stone, Here is the U.S. we use pounds and I am familiar with metrics.  Where are you? In some parts of the world you may be able to get the surgery without cost.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024