Author Topic: 15 y/o... should i expect it to go away?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
Hey im 15 y/o and i have pretty obvious gyno. I am 5'8 and am around 170 lbs. Now i do not consider myself overweight and do not look overweight but I could use use to lose about 10 lbs since the recommended weight for my body build tops at 158. Anyway I was wondering of my chances of this going away any time soon. Also im wondering how the nipple is suppose to feel underneath. A lot of people have said that it should feel hard underneath and yet i dont even feel anything about until 1 inch under. And the nipples are only 1 inch above the chest so no they are not abnormally large. My friend who has practically the same build as me and actually strangly looks like me (  ??? ??? ) had this about a year back but it went away almost practically and when he wears a shirt you cant see anything. I am thankfull as heck that this has not affected me socially and that my parents have told me that they will pay for my surgery if they do not go away and it comes to that. Anyway im just worried because this summer im going to work for the first time watching little kids in this summer camp place where i will probably swim once a day. I know people with gyno have much much bigger problems then me but really im worried because ill be working with tons of good looking girls that i will probably know for the rest of my life. Dont really want them to make fun of me too much. Anyway im blabbering on way too much. Just wondering about statistics of it going away. Im pretty sure it goes away in 90% of the cases in this stage right?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I know how you feel man, more than you could imagine. I'm working with girls like that over the summer down south. I wouldn't get surgery at this point (just because summer is so close). It might go away. How long have you had it?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
Im not even considering surgery at this point because Im pretty sure it hasn't been 3 full years yet and between 2-3 years it has been stated to go away in 90% of the cases. And plus im 15 and my parents pretty much control everything i do. No way i can get surgery without them knowing lol.

Anyway about the girls - their not mean at all and i dont really expect them to make fun of me. And if they do and it goes away... well their loss. It pisses me off that i am actually in my own definition "good - looking" and have a good body overall and have to suffer with this. Again i state that i am really lucky this has not effected me socially and am so sorry for all the people who it has.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At your age, the chance is very good that they will "go away".

Generally speaking, teenage girls are so involved with their own development that the pay very little attention to the shape of the boys.  The teasing will come from your peers,  and it will slow down if you do not make a good victim.  The worst torment you are likely to suffer is what you inflict upon yourself.

5'8" at 170lbs, If you are not overweight, then you are certainly under height.  I'm not obese either, but I am seriously too short for my weight.  Come on, lets get honest with ourselves.   Actually, in your teens, it is normal to alternately gain weight then gain height.  So, depending on where you are growth-wise your weight may or may not be an issue.

Most Gynecomastia (especially in teenage) is normal and harmless.  There are some rare conditions that are very bad and have Gynecomastia as a symptom.  It is always a good Idea to be seen by a doctor and thoroughly checked to be sure things are OK.  

Print out your original post and give it to your mother simply saying that you wrote it,  And that the condition causes you to be very self-aware.  She needs to know what is going on between your ears.  My guess is that you will soon be seeing a Doctor.

Keep in touch, and Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
And plus im 15 and my parents pretty much control everything i do. No way i can get surgery without them knowing lol.

I felt the same way...until I told them! Dude, they're your folks. Tell them everything. They will probably be supportive. Hell, mine let me get the surgery.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Im 15 too! im coming up on my second year and for gods sake, i am praying it goes away...
I look so different then others considering i am normal-sized.

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
Lol you guys must have not read the post fully. My parents are fully aware of what is going on and they have told me that if it does not go away by itself in a couple of years then they will pay for my surgery. My cousin had the same thing but by 16 it was gone. I think it kind of runs in the family if thats possible.

And also i think my weight is too much for my height because yes i am a tad overweight (but definatelly not noticable) and also i do a lot of strength training and have gained a lot of muscle and leanness (is that a word?) over the last year. Im pretty sure muscle is heavier then fat and therefore i have gotten heavier. Im not a person who enjoys lying to myself - I do not look overweight in the mirror.

And the most humiliation i have gotten from my peers is someone saying "hey you got man boobs" and no one heard him and he never mentioned it again. Also someone tried to use that to make fun of me in gym class but im good with comebacks so he shut up 5 sec later. PWNED!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm glad you "pwned" that kid  ;). Yes, it can run in the family, that is possible. It runs in my family. If your cousin's gyne went away, I think yours will go away too. Have hope!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024