Author Topic: unsatisfied and angry  (Read 2686 times)

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
I had surgery in Norway for about 4 months ago, and when I talked to the surgeon pre-op he suggested lipo only. As I have very low bodyfat and a quite muscular build, I told him that an excition would probably be the best. I KNOW that my gynecomstia i glandular, because I've been feeling my breasts for the last 5 years.

The next day I was put to surgery. He told me a few minutes before the procedure that lipo through an incission under my breasts would be most cosmically correct, but that they weren't sure.
I then asked if they could make the incisision under my armpit, but they replied that it was very unusual to do so.

Anyway, a couple of weeks post-op I removed my bandage. As I expected, close to NOTHING had changed except that I had two new, completely unnecessary scars under my breasts.

Later when I had an appointment with my surgeon, I told him that my experience with him was that he was almost amateur-like, and wondered how the h*ll they could make such an error.
He replied that "in 90-percent of all cases, a simple liposuction is successful".
I told him that if he would just take a minute to listen to me, things would have been OK.  

Then, he pissed me really off by saying in a sarcastic way: "oooooh, pity you".

I've been schedualed to redo the procedure 05/01, but I don't know what to do.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
sorry to hear about the experience. it sounds like you had enough of a warning about this surgeon to know that YOU knew more than he did. that is a bad sign and I would have disqualified him as a potential surgeon.

who is paying for your revision? what's the medical system like in Norway?

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
The medical system in Norway makes hospital visits, procedures etc. free for everyone except for a small symbolic amount ($25 or something).
There are private clinics as well, but the only difference between these and the public ones is supposed to be the waiting time.

I told my doctor that I wanted to get the surgery done at a private clinic, but he told me that public surgeons has the same qualification as private ones. And I guess they do, except for the idiot I got.

PS: Just wondering, how "unusual" are incissions done around the armpit?
Looks pretty obvious when you have to scars symmetrically placed under your breasts..

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i think armpit incisions are pretty common..plenty of guys on here had them..

in reference to your scar comment...the areola incisions are barely visible when they heal...they will not be obvious and over time u might even have time findng them...at least for most people (and also depending on the surgeons skill)

Offline target3

• Posting Member
You had the incisions under the breast? Or do you mean around the bottom of the nipple?

Most surgeons make the incision around the edge nipple as this hides the scar best. My surgen did this and it's not easy to see and I am only 8 days post op.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
The poster said that the breast incisions were for LIPO, not excision. Therefore, these were not the sub-areola incisions that we are accustomed to. These were for a cannula and therefore were probably a few inches out from the areola.

my doc did lipo, as well as excision, and he made the lipo incisions a few inches away, too. But, they are barely noticeble now.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Then, he pissed me really off by saying in a sarcastic way: "oooooh, pity you".

OMG! He really said that to you? That's not very professional at all... :o

Yeah, you really have to do your homework on the person who cuts you open.

John.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 06:18:38 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You paid a token amount and got token treatment.

Next time check out your surgeon before you enter the operating room.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024