Author Topic: Day before this long nightmare is over  (Read 3643 times)

Offline dailey

• Posting Member
Ok, I have been reading post on here for a while now. I figured it's only fair that these post have been soooo helpful and supportive that I share. I'm scheduled to have my moobs removed tomorrow. I'm soo nervous, anxious, and a whole lot of other things that I cant describe. I do have some worries about the whole process; but figure i'm not happy now so lets just do it. Like many others, mines started at puberty. It got progressively worst b/t 14-16 (high school years). I was the middle linebacker for our regional champion team, so I didnt get teased too much, but it still always left me feeling uncomfortable.

I am just soo ready for this to be a done deal. I would like to thank all the people who've posted on this site. Being afflicted with gyne has made me feel like an outsider. I have not spoken with many people about it, from embarrasement and such. I've never had surgery (a few broken bones, but thats about it) so that has been weighing on my mind heavily. Reading these post all this time has just brought about a sense of "not the only one". You guys stories have also put me at ease about the process. I've wore my compression vest a few days to try and get acculmated to it. I think I will grab a under armour vest tonight just to be on the safe side. I'm having my surgery completed in Columbus, Oh by Dr. Morrison. Wish me luck and the best of luck to everyone else. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can (my digital camara is not working, but I have some pre-op photos on the memory card) . I will post soon
See you on the other side
Dailey

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Good luck.  Glad the board has been a help to you too.  I found it extremely helpful.

How old are you now?

Offline dailey

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply
 I'll be 28 on the 28th (so I guess I should feel lucky according to the Chinese and the lucky number 8)

Offline katomchik

• Posting Member
hey "dailey"...

You are not alone... i also have my surgery tomorrow and I'm so excited and worry about that...
I'm going to be 21 soon and I suffered from gyno since puberty (I  also used to be very fat..so...it hasn't helped). Like you I want to say thanks for a the gr8 guys here that spend their time to share and answer on bunch of questions here.

Hope everything is going to be perfect for us... good luck!!!

Yoni (IL).

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
Good luck to both you guys!

Any surgery is scary I know. I had this surgery just a couple of weeks ago. You dont have to be afraid its not going to be that bad really. I'm ten times more scared of having a broken bone seriously. I bet that had to be a lot worse then what you are about to do.

Just rent a few cool movies and stock up on yummy snacks and all will go great. No fear no need.

-------

I remember how great I felt when I walked into a public building and everyone looked up at the door to see me walk in then they immediately turned away and went back to their business. It was a great feeling, usually I have to deal with a few stares and that look like when someone is thinking something at you while noticing you...how terrible that is...but now people look at me like an ordinary person no one cares I'm just an average dude now, tho a bit chunky still but who cares!!

So good luck!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I remember how great I felt when I walked into a public building and everyone looked up at the door to see me walk in then they immediately turned away and went back to their business. It was a great feeling, usually I have to deal with a few stares and that look like when someone is thinking something at you while noticing you...how terrible that is...but now people look at me like an ordinary person no one cares I'm just an average dude now, tho a bit chunky still but who cares!!

A feeling like no other...

I went to a local mall about a month ago wearing a white t-shirt and shorts. Not a second glance from anyone... Awesome feeling it was!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline dailey

• Posting Member
Thanks everyone, good luck to you katomchik, keep us posted how your doing. Yeah, when i broke my forearm that hurt like hell thanks for the good point badgene. I hit blockbuster up yesterday; i'm a kung fu buff so I really am looking forward to kicking back and watching some good kung fu movies

Offline dailey

• Posting Member
I went to the chopping block this morning. Finally having the surgery complete has been one of thebiggerst relief's of my life. My medical team was great. My entire experience was like having a friendly chat with a nurse and then waking up to my lovely fiance' saying that it was all over.
My nipples itched like crap when I first woke up (or at least that is what I was told that I said, I don't remember much). Obviously I dont know what things look like, but so far the process has been smooth. I'm not in pain at all. I did take a pain pill for some of the discomfort. The descriptions that I read here about feeling like a hard workout hit the nail on the head. I do have the two drains, I go in 3 days for my first post op so hopefully they'll be removed then.
I will update whenever possible
It feels great as of right now ;D

Offline katomchik

• Posting Member
Hey Dailey,
Like I've told you- yesterday I had my surgery too. every thing went quite smooth and right now I feel no pain but also cant see the results becase of the compression belt they've put on the area. I had a liposuction and a skin removal their and just from a little glance on the area- its gr8!!! I have my post-op meeting in two weeks from know...and I'm so excited.

I'll inform you all soon about the final results of the op.

Have a nice weekend (it's a weekend already in Israel),

Yoni.

Offline dailey

• Posting Member
congrats to you, it does feel rather excellent to have the hard part over. I am anxious to see my results, but I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself.
continue to keep us posted
Dailey

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024