Author Topic: Hard spots formed now  (Read 2883 times)

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
Rigid hardness where the surgery was preformed.Is that the swelling that is supposed to get messaged out. Its been about one and a half weeks. Will it go away?

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
ya i got hard spots too. im almost a month post op. its like a a U-shaped hard tissue right underneath where the incision was made. My doc said to just massage it once in a while
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
Im assuming its normal for everyone. Anyone got an idea when it goes away, on average? I know we all heal differently, etc, etc blah blah.

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
Also...what the heck is it? its in different spots, from below my armpit, to the side of my breast to under/around the nipple area.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:37:39 PM by matty »

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
Anyone? Is it scarring or swelling?

Offline 10gyne85

Hey, I have a similar type of problem. I'm about 11 months post surgery and I still can feel the 'u-shape' hardness around where the incisions were made... i'm guessing its just a type of scar tissue that will soften up over time? I've started massaging and it seems to have helped a bit...

Also a little off topic but the scar on one side still seems to appear a little raised, does anyone know what sort of a time frame for scars to flatten out nicely? Or is it likely there is a fold in the skin or something seeing as it's taken 11 months and still not completely flat? Thanks.

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
you might need to use some of those silicone sheets on the scar..there's one called cica care,but there are others too.

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
No offence, but wanna start a new thread for your own questions? I'm several posts into this now and haven't gotten a firm opinion. Thanks. >:(

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I tell all of my patients that they will have a dramatic improvement the very first week after surgery. The volume will be gone but the skin may take a while to contract. At about 10 days the tissue under the areola begins to get hard. This lasts for 4-6 weeks. It is NORMAL healing just like any other wound would heal. After 8 weeks is will soften and go away.

There is a possibility that there still is a significant amount of breast tissue left behind. But unfortunately, it is impossible to say which situation you have without having done the surgery.

- Dr. Jospeh Cruise
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024