Author Topic: test results - inference please?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
Hi
  I got my test results just now.

Leutenizing hormone   0.1     miU/mL  (suppressed)
Total testosterone       1382  ng/dL    (high)
Free testosterone       1353  ng/dL    (high)
estradiol                      62 pg/mL   (high).
prolactin                      14.3 ng/mL

The bracketed words appear as such in the test results. And I am to see the doc after 15 days only, since my next appointment is then only. Now, the high values of T & E, can anyone tell me what is the significance/ effects of these?

I had gyne and got it removed thru surgery long back. Now I am seeing the endo after long for treatment of hypogonadism.

Offline nicktheory

• Posting Member
What have you discovered?

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
Discovered? Sorry I dont understand.

Actually, I thought the high estradiol was making me less wanting to be sexual.

I saw the doc(endo) today.

And then it is the same. He said the excess artificial testosterone ( I am taking biweekly injectections for 2 years) is the reason for the excess estradiol. So he said I will have to reduce the testo frequency.

I was hoping he would tell me to take some estradiol depressant (like tamoxifen, etc). But he said 'No'. Only the reduction in testo dosage is the way.

And when I asked my long standing question, that I am hypogonadic, feel kind of shy always, have problems making friends/mates with the opposite sex, the answer I dreaded for long time came (!). There is nothing he can do about it. It is best discussed with a psychiatrist, etc. I told him that I do not have problems with my brain, etc, since I am able to do my normal work quite well, and I can control my anxiety/depression etc very well. But he said there is nothing that he could do. So my last hope has fallen.

Now, I have the same doubt. Am I seeing endos who are not quite clear in this field?, or is it that there is no solution for the problem in the medical field so far? ( I do have the problem, I think I am sure!)

I dont have a reproduction problem, etc. Its just that I am not able to get along with the opposite sex as any normal man would.

Are there endos who can treat this kind if accute problems well?

Please tell me if anyone knows.

Or is it that I do not have a problem at all? Anyone who felt the same and has overcome such problems? I mean not in general life, career etc. But in the acute areas I said above!

I may sound like I am flirting to make my life like a day-dream. But there are more reasons to it. I am not able to tell it out. Sorry if I am not making sense still!

thanks a lot.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024