Author Topic: Large Areola  (Read 7628 times)

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
I was just wondering. I have large Areola along with Gyne.  Would it be extra to make my Areola smaller along with the Gyne surgery. I am so tired of living this life. I am in the us army. i've been to iraq and recived the purple heart. And no matter what it's still sucks to wake up having breast. It's crazy being that I am in the military and wehn people think of us they think of these cut muscular guys. But it's not like that in my case. I am ready to get out of the army so I can get this done and move on with a normal life. You just don't know how embarrising it is to have to take a shower with other guys in basic and call you bitch breast's. It sucks.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Would you mind posting some pictures?

It would give us a better idea of what you are dealing with.

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
Here are those pics. A little about me. I am 6ft. 270. I've lost weight before and I've still had gyne. I was put in the hospital last year in 2005 from a roadside bomb injury in iraq. And with all the drugs, and laying around I did my gyne got worse. Now I can't even stand to been seen in my brown work shit that we wear under out uniform. Tell me what you think of the pics.

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
I'm no doc and my case is much lighter. I think no one on this site may deny that yours is a moderate to serious case. But you're 270 lbs. So, the evaluation of your gyno must be related to this and its appearance not that much eye catching in the overall look of your body. I think some knowledgeable people here will advise you to work out, or work out more. It is at least much fat and some gland i believe. As ever, can't you try to solve partially the fat problem first. If you're fit enough now, you may observe a quick improvement maybe. But I guess that, as a soldier, your physica condition was quite good before your accident. So i may be talking nonsense. Sorry if so. What I can tell you anyway is that I have a great admiration for soldiers, wherever they're from, whatever goal or government they serve. You're a courageous man. God bless you.

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
Thanks. Yeah. I've put on a lot of weight but i've also already lost 23 lbs. Even when I got out of basic, I was weighing 214 lbs. And I still had it. I remember my Drill Sgt comming up to me one day while I was cleaning my M-4 rifle, and he said to me.
"Hey soldier put a shirt on. Your b!tch breast's are killing my sex drive."
And this was after 12 weeks of serious physical work, and what not. I still had gyne. Of couse now after sitting in walter reed for 5 1/2 months, and 12 surgies, with not a whole lot of excrise i've gained 50 lbs. But since I gout out of the hospital back in Aug i've lost 23 lbs. I am still trying to take off another 30 lbs. It's just hard to work out with my bad arm now.  I am 270 but it's mostly muscle. Believe it or not.  I am at 22% body fat which meets the army standards. But i still want to get way down from that. I am just a big overall.  I am more solid then anything. But I know what you are saying. I do need to do some more work. I am not getting out of the army for atleast another2 months so I am going to use that time to loose more weight. Then I am going to have the surgey after I get out.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 12:07:53 PM by blacksteel_03 »

Offline from_philly

• Posting Member
In my case, my areolas are shrinking after surgery

same here, mine shrank after the surgery

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it was 50 years ago, I was a USAF Medic. The Dr.s were in the service as a way to pay back for some expensive education. Many of them were highly Qualified and they were from many specialties. It may well be that you can get surgery  while you are still in the service at no cost.  

What have you got to lose?

Check it out.
Grandpa Dan

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
Naw thats not happening. Tricare don't cover it. Because it's cosmetic.  Plus I am due to get out in about 2 months or less. I don't want anything to hold me back from getting out right now. I am just ready to move on with my life.

Offline from_philly

• Posting Member

Something's fishy here, 'cause my friend, who's in the US Army, had a complete face lift 100% free of charge, paid for by the US taxpayer.  

hahahah really? how'd he do that

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
A complete face lift. I don't know about that. Only if it is a medical condiciton that is dangerous to his health.  The army does not cover cosmetic things unless it result from war injury and you have to have it to help your condition get better. Now that sounds fishy to me. I've been in the hospital all last year. I know what tricare covers and what it doesn't.  

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
I was just wondering. I have large Areola along with Gyne.  Would it be extra to make my Areola smaller along with the Gyne surgery. I am so tired of living this life. I am in the us army. i've been to iraq and recived the purple heart. And no matter what it's still sucks to wake up having breast. It's crazy being that I am in the military and wehn people think of us they think of these cut muscular guys. But it's not like that in my case. I am ready to get out of the army so I can get this done and move on with a normal life. You just don't know how embarrising it is to have to take a shower with other guys in basic and call you bitch breast's. It sucks.

Hey bud first off...THANK YOU..for your service. Secondly my suggestion is to start to loose as much weight as you can first and in the meantime begin your hunt for a good surgeon in your area. I am not a doc but from the looks of your chest your areola will more than likely shrink fairly nicely after you have gyne surgery(fat AND gland removal) since your nipples arent that pointy and overall the contour of your chest is still masculine looking If your aerola doesnt shrink to your liking after surgery yes there is a aerola reduction procedure. I had surgery a couple months back and my aerola has definately shrunk somewhat but a got a ways to go and a revision surgery coming up in 2 months..check out my pics and also browse around the forum and look at other peoples before and after pics, you can get a good idea of what to expect. Good luck.

Offline blacksteel_03

• Posting Member
Hey guys. THanks for the support. It's nice to be able to talk to people about this. It makes me feel that much better knowing that I am not alone. I posted some more new pictures. Yeah I know I need to loose that band of fat from around my waist. I want to so damn bad. It' sucks because I am not use to having it. It really makes me feel like crap. But I am going to loose that the good old fashion way. Run run and run. But  I have to wait until I am completly healed to start running again. You guys don't have to thank me for my service. I was just doing my job.  I would do it all over again if I could.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024