Author Topic: Becoming a Dad  (Read 2152 times)

Offline indian

• Posting Member
Hi every 1,

I have been having Gynecomastia from the time I guess when I was 12 or 13..Now i am 28 and got married some time ago.Now my wife is pregnant and will be giving birth in september.I am really afraid whether my baby will have normal features and future life? if its a male baby and I have fear that even he may develop the same problem..I had shown to Endo and she told me that "there will not be any problems in your married life" she had done all necessary blood test and said all hormones are normal.

Recently I met a physician as I was having fever.This Doc told me after checking up: "hey you have gynecomastia and you should go for chromosome testing" I said that ya i know I have this condition and I may go for surgery but he said that will only solve your cosmetic problem but  you will pass on this condition to your baby ..and I am really afraid now about this!

Can the baby in womb be tested for defective genes??

And what about if the father is a Bi-sexual will it make baby defective?

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Unless that doctor knows something the rest of the medical community doesn't, there is no proof that gynecomastia is genetic.  There are cases in both ways, where a father with gyne has a son who never develops it and vice versa.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

Also, sexual preference in parents has absolutely no effect physically on the child.  Be excited about becoming a Dad!  Don't worry about it.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
heredity probably predisposes you a little at best, but they say most gyne is idiopathic, meaning the cause is undeterminable.  maybe watch the hormonal/food/environmental factors (cheap plug for veganism here  ;))
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline bamagyno

• Bronze Member
  • my lovely lady lumps... ARE GONE!
I've had gyne since early teens (surgery is tommorow -YAY!) and now have a 23 year old son who shows no sign of gyne. however, i have noticed that my dad has got gyne for some time now but that may be from medicine he is taking.

Congrats on having a child!!! That is something to be very happy about. All the best to you.
"I don't want to die without any scars..." Brad Pitt (Fight Club)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Frankly my friend, there are much more serious things to lose sleep over than gyne and bi sexuality.
10 fingers and 10 toes my friend.
That's all that really matters.

Be excited about becoming a Dad!  Don't worry about it.

Agreed on both accounts....  ;)

Dude....  Just hope for a healthy child and if Gyne 'is' an issue, then at least you are knowledgeable on the subject and will be able to help your son (if that's what you have...) with it.

GB
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:54:26 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

Indian,

My baby Daughter died in September, when she was five weeks old. 

Cherish what you have.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynecomastia can have a genetic relationship It would certainly seem so in my family.

As a father, it would be your duty to make sure that your son accepts the condition as normal and does not ever have the feeling that he is the only one with the condition.

Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
My baby Daughter died in September, when she was five weeks old. 
Cherish what you have.
holy crap. 

useful perspective. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024