Author Topic: What should i tell my friends??  (Read 2353 times)

Offline IT'S_Gone

• Posting Member
I'm having my operation i 2 days (WOOT!!!!) and it takes roughly 2 weeks to get back into the swing of things. I have obviously kept this whole thing a secret to everyone except my family and my girlfriend so what are some things i might be able to say to my buddies when they call me up?

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
Congrats in advance on the surgery. Not telling your friends is hard because you will be so excited with such a positve thing that has happened to you. The "excuse" I used was, "I had a procedure where they removed a non-cancerous fiber growth from my chest." That has worked so far without anyone really questioning too hard. There have been a couple of people that I don't know too well try and keep asking questions at parties around the holidays. Which is probably nosey small talk type conversation. What stopped the questions was me telling them, "the doctor said it was better to have the growth in a jar than in my body. I'm healthy but still kinda embarrased that I had to have a surgical procedure and don't like talking about it." That ended the questions about the surgery with no hard feelings. Hope that helps.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes, I used the benign growth story as well.  It's not a lie and it pretty much stops further questions. 

A funny thing though is that I believe most of them probably have figured it out.  When I look at pictures of myself from before and compare them to pictures made during the holidays this year there is a noticeable difference in the way I look.  It doesn't really matter what they think anyway as long as the gyne is gone.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline IT'S_Gone

• Posting Member
HEY..true that guys thanks :D i might just use that one hehe :P

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it may be a bit misleading to use the "Had a growth removed" excuse; It actually is the truth.

If you simply leave it at that and don't try to fabricate details, no one should ever suspect anything.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024