Author Topic: Recovering Period  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Hi guys

If I were to have a meeting about surgery and actually have the operation in April, what will the results look like come June, would i still be swollen etc...?

Cheers

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Most likely, you will not be swollen 2-mths post-op. Swelling usually subsides within the first few weeks. The compression vest will not be used anymore as well. Final results are usually apparent at around 3 mths; however, tenderness at incision site may remain for several mths. I still had tenderness and redness around incision site at 6 mths. It takes a good year for intensity of scar to go down. Good luck!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Most likely, you will not be swollen 2-mths post-op. Swelling usually subsides within the first few weeks.

It all depends on how the individual heals. Some take much longer than others. Some say they were still swollen at 3 months! There's really no way to determine how one will heal and how long it will take.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies, now for an opinion

I havent even brought it up with the parents, but my 21st is coming up and they have told me that they will be giving me money, and i have some stashed away so i can afford it myself! Anyway, if i got the balls in motion and had a introduction with a surgeon in a weeks time and surgery in April, would it be worth it with summer coming up? Or will scarring etc be another ordeal for me? I have managed to survive with my moobs in the past with swimming etc... but I really dont like having to put up with it at all, just want to enjoy myself. Do you reckon it would be best to wait until winter? Giving myself a longer period to recover till i have to remove my t-shirt in public and less questions from people?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
can you time it for recovery during spring break?  if you're in school, doing it in summer would minimize peer exposure while you're recovering. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Well Im actually in my last year at Uni (in England) so when thats over it shud be alright, but i plan to go travelling and so on. I suppose the best time to have it would be around September...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024