Author Topic: compression vest question  (Read 2401 times)

Offline TFS

• Posting Member
i had the procedure 13 days ago and i've been wearing this compression vest ever since.  here's what happens: i wear it all night to sleep in, but then when i wake up and get ready in the morning i take it off.  i love the way my chest looks when the vest just comes off, but if i leave it off for 30 minutes or so, my chest looks bigger (closer to the way it looked before the surgery). 

does this happen to other people?  once i take this thing off for good (in a few weeks), should i expect my chest to look like it does  immediately after i take it off?  or should i expect my chest to look the way it does 30 minutes after i take it off?  to put it differently: i'm wondering if the fact that my chest looks bigger after 30 minutes reflects swelling, or if the way it looks after 30 minutes reflects the real way my chest looks when it hasn't had something compresing it for a bunch of hours.  thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:25:41 PM by TFS »

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Bro, in my opinion, it's just swelling!! Sometimes it can take up to 3 mths for swelling to subside. I think your assumption is right about the swelling!! ;D

Offline TFS

• Posting Member
thanks gyneman, i hope you're right.  i'de be thrilled not to have to pay for a second surgery...

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Try putting some ice on it!! This helps with swelling. Yeah, it sucks to have to go through 2 operations. Trust me , I had to due to a previous PS F up!! The first PS didn't take enough out!! Just remember, don't expect to have a ripped chest or body builder physique. All this surgery does is give you an improvement from what you have. It can't be perfect, but it does help with self-esteem and looks alot better. It's definitely worth it. I'm 32, I wish I didn't wait so long!!   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024