Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself...  (Read 2127 times)

Offline dark_nite

• Posting Member
My name is hov   :) jk.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I looked around and I believe this is the correct subforum. So I am a 24 year old male student living in nj. I had gyno in my teen years, but it shrank when I turned about 19 or 20. My unlucky self was then prescribed a drug called risperdal, which listed among its side effects are weight gain, impotence, and the wonderful disease known as gynecomastia.

fast forward to today, and I am happily off of risperdal. Downside is its been about 3 months and the breasts are still very much there. I am still kind of fat as I am

5'7” 170 lbs

So some of it is fat. I have been working out as often as I could to get rid of it, hopefully ill be able to lose some. The thing is that I also have some hard tissue underneath the nipples which is a direct result of the high prolactin environment my body has been in for the last 4 years.

I have made an appointment with my endocrinologist on july 24th to explore the idea of surgery. My psych doctor said that I should wait about 6 months to see if it will go away on its own. I'm not really a patient guy so i don't plan on waiting. Although sometimes when I feel the lumps they seem smaller than before, but im not fully sure.

I'll come back and post pics later on. Any thoughts/suggestions? Should I wait 6 months or will it never go away without surgery? Thanks.

TLDR: gyno from psych meds; surgery now or wait it out?       

Offline xelnaga13

No one can predict whether or not it will shrink. However, we do know that the longer you have your gyno the lower the chances of it going away become.

Prolactin induced gyno is a entirely different and often uglier beast. The gyno itself can appear more severe with actual expansion of the nipple and the underlying endocrine issues are much more complicated than a simple case of high estrogen.

In my opinion the concept of gyno just going away on it's own is as close to a false promise as you can get without being a complete lie.

Offline dark_nite

• Posting Member
Xelnaga, looks like i'll be getting surgery soon then. What are the best gynecomastia surgeons in the NJ/NY/PA/CT area? Heres what I looked like in may. I have since dropped about 5 pounds, but i think i've lost more than that in fat weight.

Offline xelnaga13

Thank you for posting pictures. Visually speaking you can see what i mean about prolactin induced gyno. The nipples look a bit larger, thicker, and more developed than an ordinary case of estrogen gyno.

Everyone says their surgeons the best... but I feel mine stands out in a few ways. He has a clear understanding of chest contouring. He uses lipo in addition to gland removal to give you a masculine chest in every way possible. Look through my older posts and you will see my before and afters. He also has experience using cortisone injections post surgery in order to destroy scar tissue that may ruin your results post surgery. He was also able to work with my insurance company to get my surgery covered in full; including lipo!

://drbenjaminlam.com/

Ive had 2 gyno surgeries, so Ive met more than my share of surgeons, and I can honestly say Dr. Lam is unlike any other.

Offline dark_nite

• Posting Member
Xel,

looked through your before/after pics and I think they are more than great. That's what I want my chest to look like. Newtown PA really isn't that far either. Thanks for your help. Now I'm one step closer to this:

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome!

First, there is something you said that I need to correct. You referred to Gynecomastia as a disease. Gynecomastia is not a disease which may help to explain why there will never be a cure for it. Any product that claims to cure the condition is obviously being marketed by someone who is simply marketing herbal mixtures that are actually worthless and they are charging dearly for their goods.

While Gynecomastia is not a disease itself, it can be a symptom of several serious medical problems and (as you now know) It can occur as a side effect to a large number of medications. Usually when the condition is brought on by disease or as a drug side effect the condition will diminish when the underlying cause is treated or offending drug is withdrawn. This may take some time and many recommend waiting as much as two years before having surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

Thank you for the compliment.

You can see in the photos how removing the fat via lipo gives a much more masculine appearance.

You may find, like I did, that surgery is an excellent motivator for self improvement. After my gyno surgery I felt an incredible urge to continue self improving in many areas of my life. No more drinking, great diet, and exercise to name a few.  

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Hey Nite.  I went with Dr. Lo in Philly.  He office is at 8th and Spruce which was a cinch to get to and from, he did my surgery at Penn.    I'm quite happy with my results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024