Author Topic: Puffy Nipples again after Gyno Surgery  (Read 16005 times)

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
hello guys..I'm so glad I found this forum...Ive been a victim of man boobs ever since I was a teenager, and I'm currently 27 years old...Whenever I look at a normal guys chest, I feel really sad coz I've never been able to have one like that..I feel terrible at times...Anyways, I developed moobs when I was around 16-17 years old and it lasted until I was 21 years old..After bearing the brunt of many jokes in my high school, I decided to get a gynecomastia surgery done at Age 21..The surgery did leave two scars near the sides of my chest, near my armpits (maybe b'coz of the liposuction)..But I was happy to finally see my moobs reduce drastically in size..I still had a small swelling in my chest area, but the doc told me to lose weight and it would eventually dissapear...After losing weight, my chest seemed normal again and the happiness lasted 5 years..

However in the last 6 months-8months, I've noticed that I've begun to develop puffy nipples again and my chest has started to appear like a breast now, when my nipples are puffy. When my nipples are hard however, my chest looks normal, but my chest still goes inside when I press or squeeze against it. I dont know if it really is a reappearance of the man boobs on my chest? I thought surgery would remove the moobs problem once in and for all... Or am I getting too paranoid about this, and maybe this could just be extra fat developing around my chest area? I'm currently 5'10 and weigh 225 pounds...

I don't know if I should get this checked by a doctor again - to make sure if my reappearance of man boobs is just fat which can be removed through exercise, or is it surely a reappearance of gynecomastia? I feel distraught that the moobs have come back to haunt me again...

I will post pics of my condition soon, once I get hold of a camera... I live in Houston currently, so does anyone recommend a doctor I can go see and get advise from?

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
Some pics of me in my current condition...Notice the scars near my armpit and around my nipple area (are from the surgery I got when I was 21 years old)...I think my man boobs dont really show much from the pics, but I definitely see them clearly on my body...

Chest appears better when nipples are harder

While sitting

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:25:08 AM by Equinox »

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
25 views and no replies yet..C'mon guys, help me out :)

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
I'll reply but this might not really surprise you ;/

Do you take care of your body? Do you work out? Or did you assume that once you got the gyne off, that all's well and you can live an unhealthy life style?

As the great GB has once said, GRS is a fix not a cure, how long that fix goes on for is determined is dependant on your body's physical status, ambition, and will.

Also, as for my opinion, i honestly think you're over-worrying -.- To ME your chest looks fine, look again at some of the pictures on here, it doesn't seem like you have puffy nips at all in my opinion, as for the fat build up? Maybe. Not sure, but maybe.

Get more opinions out of this and go work out, get some pecs in there, and take more pics.

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
I have started to work out for the last month or so....Though I'm getting serious about incline bench presses and chest exercises only now...Maybe you are right that I am over worrying...I just hope that if I lose the 20lbs or so, the fat (hoping it is) in my chest would drop off, and my chest will look normal again...

Again, I think my chest looks totally fine when my nipples are hard, but my chest seems to protrude a bit when my nipples are a bit puffy(judging by the 4th pic I posted)...I dont know if that is normal?

Offline Curiousone89

• Posting Member
Of course that's normal.

Dude, go look at some of the men's cases of gyne on here. Compare your chest to theirs and tell me that yours isn't normal.

Work out, get some muscle, lose some fat, and come back. If it still didn't work out by then, we can talk about it.

The funny thing is that men do this surgery to not look like women, but they act like women when they compare their results and complain. :P

You're fine dude, just do what I suggested and maybe it'll go away ;)

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
Of course that's normal.

Dude, go look at some of the men's cases of gyne on here. Compare your chest to theirs and tell me that yours isn't normal.

Work out, get some muscle, lose some fat, and come back. If it still didn't work out by then, we can talk about it.

The funny thing is that men do this surgery to not look like women, but they act like women when they compare their results and complain. :P

You're fine dude, just do what I suggested and maybe it'll go away ;)
:D
Haha you're right...Maybe I am acting too paranoid now...Yeah lemme lose the 20lbs or so in a few months (hopefully I will), and see if my chest gets bulkier and more manly...Thanks for lifting my spirits up...

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
I also think you look fine.
I know the paranoid feeling you're experiencing because my nipples are now also puffy (3 weeks post op). The person that notices best and criticizes the most is yourself after all.
Like the others say, just work out, do some cardio, watch your eating habits and you'll do fine.

Maybe the improvement after the operation is not 100% but still you look a lot better. That's what helps me when I'm getting crazy over those puffy nipples again. They might still go away since I'm only 3 weeks post op, but I'm so unsure....

grtz

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
just wandaring equinox how long ago did u have surgery and with who? i think u look fine! did u have a bad case of gyne before?

DrBermant

hello guys..I'm so glad I found this forum...Ive been a victim of man boobs ever since I was a teenager, and I'm currently 27 years old...Whenever I look at a normal guys chest, I feel really sad coz I've never been able to have one like that..I feel terrible at times...Anyways, I developed moobs when I was around 16-17 years old and it lasted until I was 21 years old..After bearing the brunt of many jokes in my high school, I decided to get a gynecomastia surgery done at Age 21..The surgery did leave two scars near the sides of my chest, near my armpits (maybe b'coz of the liposuction)..But I was happy to finally see my moobs reduce drastically in size..I still had a small swelling in my chest area, but the doc told me to lose weight and it would eventually dissapear...After losing weight, my chest seemed normal again and the happiness lasted 5 years..

However in the last 6 months-8months, I've noticed that I've begun to develop puffy nipples again and my chest has started to appear like a breast now, when my nipples are puffy. When my nipples are hard however, my chest looks normal, but my chest still goes inside when I press or squeeze against it. I dont know if it really is a reappearance of the man boobs on my chest? I thought surgery would remove the moobs problem once in and for all... Or am I getting too paranoid about this, and maybe this could just be extra fat developing around my chest area? I'm currently 5'10 and weigh 225 pounds...

I don't know if I should get this checked by a doctor again - to make sure if my reappearance of man boobs is just fat which can be removed through exercise, or is it surely a reappearance of gynecomastia? I feel distraught that the moobs have come back to haunt me again...

I will post pics of my condition soon, once I get hold of a camera... I live in Houston currently, so does anyone recommend a doctor I can go see and get advise from?

Have you looked up your BMI / Body Mass Index calculation?  Have you checked a Body Fat AnalyzerPlastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing general body fat.  Global body fat tends to hide a good male contour. 

Surgery before weight loss is a major compromise and cannot compensate for the contours of an obese or overweight condition.  Weight put on after surgery can still make the breast bigger.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member

Have you looked up your BMI / Body Mass Index calculation?  Have you checked a Body Fat AnalyzerPlastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing general body fat.  Global body fat tends to hide a good male contour. 

Surgery before weight loss is a major compromise and cannot compensate for the contours of an obese or overweight condition.  Weight put on after surgery can still make the breast bigger.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant. Does that mean to say, that after weight loss, the fat accumulated in the breast area will tend to reduce? How can I be sure that it is not a reappearance of gyne?

Offline Equinox

• Posting Member
just wandaring equinox how long ago did u have surgery and with who? i think u look fine! did u have a bad case of gyne before?

I had the surgery done about 6 years ago...This was when I was living back home in India. I weighed about 190 pounds back then, and the doc. still asked me to lose weight if I wanted to see a perfectly normal flat chest. I guess I haven't helped myself really by not losing any weight since. The surgery was done by a plastic surgeon in India and the total cost came around 1k USD..Yes, healthcare is much much cheaper in India  :)

Yes i did have a bad case of gyne since I was 16 years old. They really looked like woman's breasts and it was embarrassing for me through most of high school. Dont have any pics of those days though...

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply equinox!! that is a cheap price for this surgey and good results. i think ur chest looks fine!

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
I agree with the others.  You look fine.  Get some good excercise.  Weights to build that muscle and cardio to burn some fat and you are fine!
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline Spleen

Nips are fine.  Hit the gym, eat right.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024