Author Topic: Suggest Compression vest to hide gynecomastia  (Read 14522 times)

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
My chest is 39 inches and stomach/waist is 36 inches. I had previously bought 3 underworks 997 Medium vests to hide gyne. but it was too tight near the chest and stomach(i don't want stomach compression). so, now i am thinking of buying a large one. But, my friend has tried both medium and large size, and he says that its tight. The Medium 997 that i had was not at all comfortable. I am looking for comfort + compression in chest.

I will be wearing the vest the whole day. BUT, whenever i used to wear the medium 997 vest for too long...i would get neck pain in the back side and also some nerve or blood-vessel jam near the kidney. It would give me a 3 or 6 second shock like pain in the blood-vessel i think. My Endocrinologist told me not to wear compression vests. but this is my only option to hide gyne.

Plz suggest me whether i should buy a Large or Extra-Large underworks 997 for a 39 inch chest. plz keep in mind that i can't exchange later due to the huge shipping charges to and from India.

Or You can also recomment any other good chest compression vest if you know.

Offline xmeout

• Posting Member
Hands down the best vest for me is GC2compression. The guy over there is very helpful and the shirt fits great only flatens the chest not the whole body.

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Hi guys,
I have modified my Underworks 997 in such a way that it compresses only the chest area. Now i can easily breathe and its also comfortable near the stomach area.

check out these pics...

Underworks 997 has 2 front panels. I still have 2 panels compressing the chest but below the chest where i don't need any compression i let only the back panel stay there.

Thanks Bolognianips for giving the idea.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:03:09 PM by problem man »

DrBermant

My chest is 39 inches and stomach/waist is 36 inches. I had previously bought 3 underworks 997 Medium vests to hide gyne. but it was too tight near the chest and stomach(i don't want stomach compression). so, now i am thinking of buying a large one. But, my friend has tried both medium and large size, and he says that its tight. The Medium 997 that i had was not at all comfortable. I am looking for comfort + compression in chest.

I will be wearing the vest the whole day. BUT, whenever i used to wear the medium 997 vest for too long...i would get neck pain in the back side and also some nerve or blood-vessel jam near the kidney. It would give me a 3 or 6 second shock like pain in the blood-vessel i think. My Endocrinologist told me not to wear compression vests. but this is my only option to hide gyne.

Plz suggest me whether i should buy a Large or Extra-Large underworks 997 for a 39 inch chest. plz keep in mind that i can't exchange later due to the huge shipping charges to and from India.

Or You can also recomment any other good chest compression vest if you know.

We have many patients, family members, and parents who have raved how a compression garment can really help while waiting for surgery or until stabilization of a problem.

Body shaping garments are a good temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to desing such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severely Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient. Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

After surgery compression garments do not do well in pool water or sea water.  The salt or chlorine can damage the fabric.  There are Sun Protection Clothing Options designed for water use. 

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline muscleman

• Posting Member
no offence but tht looks so shabby get a nike pro vent vest:D ... if ya dont beleive me at least try 1 on at any JJB or jD SHOP 

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
no offence but tht looks so shabby get a nike pro vent vest:D ... if ya dont beleive me at least try 1 on at any JJB or jD SHOP 

yea totally, looks like someone just made it out of some sheep skin or something... no offense, I will just stick to a nike pro vent vest
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024