Author Topic: Long time sufferer and lurker! Just joined!  (Read 1166 times)

Offline hopeful1

Hello all!  Well it has taken me literally a year of lurking on this site to finally register.  I am 33 y/o and have suffered with gynecomastia since I was around 13.  I'm pretty sure my case why brought on by taking cortirosteroids for a skin condition I had as a child and the resulting gyne never went away. 

I have had to endure so much embarassment, heck I even toughed out military basic training with it!  I have read the other member's stories here of wearing oversized t-shirts, hiding under couch pillows, wearing 2 shirts even though it was hot outside and identified with them all.  I haven't went swimming since I was 14 and literally hid in my hotel room during a recent trip to Hawaii. :(

Thankfully though, I found this site and have just scheduled and paid for my 1st consultation with Dr. Bermant!  I wanted to join this site to share my experience of pre and post surgery with the community here in the hopes that I can somehow help others overcome this! 

I'm 6'00" tall and 195lbs with what I think is a 7 (1-10 scale) of gyne.  I'm going to try to get insurance to cover some of it due to it possibly being caused by a pre-existing condition, but even if they don't I'm getting surgery!

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024