Author Topic: Consultation in June  (Read 1486 times)

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
Hi, I am 17 and have had gyne for about 3 years. I recently had an appointment with my pediatrician to tell her my feelings regarding this and how much stress/anxiety this is causing. (this is about the 4th appointment i've had with her and she finally gave my name to a pediatric surgeon and I have a consultation in June). I was happy to hear that the surgery can be covered by insurance, as long as she gets more information on the extent of the physical / psychological pain this is causing.
I was just wondering what should I tell the surgeon when I have my consultation because apparently the surgeon is the one who has the final decision of whether I will have the surgery or not. I really really want to have this surgery, I believe it will help me a lot.
Also, is it common to have surgery like this done by a regular surgeon? I understand it would probably be best to get it done by a plastic surgeon with more experience.. but if i have the oppurtunity to get it done by a general surgeon and have it covered by insurance should i take it???

thanks
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is a difficult call.

Obviously a well qualified cosmetic surgeon would be preferred.

Lacking that, how much experience does this surgeon have with this type of surgery?

Would your general surgeon give you a referral to a cosmetic surgeon?

I'm afraid I gave you more questions than answers but I hope it was a help.

Grandpa Dan

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
I havent even met the surgeon yet. My consultation isnt unitl June. When I see him I will ask him about his experience and what all of my options are.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024