Author Topic: Indentions caused by tensor  (Read 2509 times)

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
I have a dilemma here, and unfortunately my doc is not open today to call him.

I am exactly one week post op and yesterday I went in to see him and get my stitches removed.  One of the things he told me pre op as well as yesterday was to make sure that the underwear/pants were over the tensor because it could leave permanent indentions.

Well apparently I wasn't wearing my tensor tight enough on my abs when I saw him yesterday, so before I left he showed me how tight it was supposed to be.  I had an underworks 997 and a tshirt on underneath it.  After my 4 hour ride home I took off my tensor and shirts.  I had some gnarly looking indentions on my abs and flanks.  This didn't seem right to me so I tried a few more things(ie. no undershirt on, just t-shirt under, just 997 under).  I did all of these with the same tension that he showed me to put on it.  Same thing - nasty indentions.

Does anyone get indentions?  What have y'alls docs told you about them?

I also showed him the underworks 997 (size large)to see if he approved of it so I could wear it instead of the vest and tensor.  He approved of it for the chest (said it compressed well in the chest), but said it was too loose in the abs.  The abs are snug, but not tight.

So now I am trying to decide whether to not wear the tensor so tight where it won't leave indentions.  Unfortunately I won't be able to talk to him until Monday.

I am also trying to decide if I should order more underworks, but a smaller size, to use instead of the tensor since the doc seemed to like the compression potential of the underworks.

Has anybody ordered a small or medium underworks 997 for post op use?  If so, what is your chest and waist size?

I have a 41 inch chest with arms down and 37 inch with shoulders raised(shrugging).  My waist is a 34.

I know I have IM'ed some of you, so I apologize now if this is redundant.
I will never forget this place when I become a rich and famous underwear model!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
does your doc have a cell phone u can call? when my doc's office isn't open, he said i can call his office number and then press 3 and it will call his cell phone. i did it once and he called me right back :)

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
Yeah, mine has the same thing.  Although, I'd hate to call when it is not an "emergency".  I know he does surgeries on Fri mornings and then he done for the weekend.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, i don't think he'd mind a quick question. it's not like you're asking him to operate. besides, u paid for it.

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
I went ahead and paged him.  I just got a call back saying he is in surgery and he'll call me later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024