Author Topic: Questions about scar tissue.  (Read 2787 times)

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
Hey all.  I am about 4 weeks post op.  The results are great but as expected, I have scar tissue.  I have a couple questions about it and would greatly appreciate any feedback!

1)  How long will it last?
2)  Is there anything that I can do to help it go away?

Thanks guys!

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
There are different things you can use to help scar tissue heal.  One is a copper peptide cream.  There's Tricomin, and Folligen.  Copper Peptides have been proven to be really good for the skin, and help heal scars.  Even old scars.  Another is emu oil.  Also really good for the skin, and I've read it helps speed healing and scar tissue reduction.  If I get the surgery, I'm probably going to use those.  I've also read that aloe vera helps heal without scarring as well.  I'm probably also going to take some good antioxidants while I'm healing, to make sure my body's as healthy as possible.  In addition to the multivitamins and green tea pills I already take, I'll probably take CoQ10 pills, a really powerful antioxidant.

Offline tricat13

• Posting Member
Do those products help with the scar itself?  Because if so, that is not really my problem.  I have very minimal visible scarring on the skin.  It is the hard lumps underneath the area that i am more concerned with.  Should I massage or rub the area to try and break up the lumps???  It sounds kind of gross but I am just wondering what I can do to heal this.  Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024