Author Topic: When can I go to the beach?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
I'm scheduled for my surgery early next month. I have moderate gyne which requires liposuction and gland excision. I also have tentative plans to go for a holiday to thailand in december. So I was wondering if 2 months is enough time to heal after surgery. I know i wouldn't completely heal in 2 months, but could I take off my shirt in public? Assuming that the surgery goes well, would you say it's reasonable to plan a trip to the beach 2 months after surgery?? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hi there,

I come from a very sunny country with beautiful beaches plus the fact that I had a lypo this summer. My doctor advised me not to do anything related with sea and sun for two to three weeks. He also told me that after the healing period (85% would be done in the first month) just to put some sunscreen on the incisions and everything would be fine. So my guess is that for your case wait and see how you heal and decide then. But I believe that the sunscreen is definite. 

But please, since you haven't done the surgery yet, ask your doctor for detailed and professional information.

Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024