Author Topic: puffy nipples 8 months after gyno surgery  (Read 6877 times)

Offline CRazor

I had gynocomastia surgery back in june, i had a lot of excess fat and gland tissue and it made an amazing improvement. i had to have fluid drained several times from around the nipple area in the weeks after surgery. everything was going as expected and looking good until about 2 months ago, when i noticed a buildup of either fat or fluid underneath the nipple.

i have a bit of excess weight but nothing bad, i have partial stomach definition. the nipples were small and fine for the first 6 months and they are still small but now they stick out quite noticeably from the rest of my pectoral muscle. im working out like crazy to try and lose fat, hoping that with that they will go back to how they should be, but i have lost a few kg over the past month and if anything they have gotten worse. there is still limited feeling in the nipple area and the area is sore if massaged.

Could it just be part of the healing process from the surgery? on one side i also have a noticeable crease in the fat under my nipple extending to my underarm.

I dont want to have to have another surgery....

DrBermant

I had gynocomastia surgery back in june, i had a lot of excess fat and gland tissue and it made an amazing improvement. i had to have fluid drained several times from around the nipple area in the weeks after surgery. everything was going as expected and looking good until about 2 months ago, when i noticed a buildup of either fat or fluid underneath the nipple.

i have a bit of excess weight but nothing bad, i have partial stomach definition. the nipples were small and fine for the first 6 months and they are still small but now they stick out quite noticeably from the rest of my pectoral muscle. im working out like crazy to try and lose fat, hoping that with that they will go back to how they should be, but i have lost a few kg over the past month and if anything they have gotten worse. there is still limited feeling in the nipple area and the area is sore if massaged.

Could it just be part of the healing process from the surgery? on one side i also have a noticeable crease in the fat under my nipple extending to my underarm.

I dont want to have to have another surgery....

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Healing tissues, and scars can be other causes of this problem.  It is very rare I need to use a drain or subsequently drain fluid from one of my patients.  However when I do, that side will heal much slower than the normal side. 

Sometimes revision surgery is an option.  Options depend on the problem to be treated which is best discussed with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024