Author Topic: Some questions. I'm a little nervous...  (Read 2376 times)

Offline silver2

I am browsing this forum for now 3 hours but I still have some questions I haven't find the answer yet.

I had my op earlier today, around 10 hours ago, but I still don't really feel any serious pain even if the doctor gave me painkiller. I've read a lot of people saying it was painful, will the pain come later ? Oh, and I have some red marks on my chest where the skin is still really less sensitive.

The doctor never told me when I have to pull off the bandage. And after that, should I replace it ? I have to specify that I just have one little scar in the middle of the chest.

Do I have to put a cold compress on my brest ? Will this help, or the opposite ?

Do you have any advice for sleeping ? I never been able sleep on the back but it seems necessary. Sorry if I ask too many things, I'm a little nervous. Oh and I'm still learning english, sorry for possible mistakes.

Thanks for answers  :)

Offline jameswr

• Posting Member
Hey, I had my op 3 weeks ago. I hope I'm some help.

You're still probably pumped on pain killers from the surgery. The pain will come.

I went to a clinic to have my bandages removed. You'll need to get in touch with your doctor/clinic to find out what their method is.

I didn't put a cold compress on, and I've never heard that so unless your dr told you to I think you should avoid it. The doctor/hospital should have given you all the information you need. It's bad practise from them not to in my opinion.

And sleeping, you'll get used to it. I always slept on my side/chest, never back. The first night I had a sleeping tablet and I found the first week after surgery I was generally quite tired anyway so when you're tired you'll sleep. I doubt you'll roll over in the night because your body will register the pain.

I hope I helped! Good Luck with everything.

Offline silver2

Thanks for sharing jameswr.

Ok so my frist post op is night is done, I just woke up. I started to feel a little pain yesterday night so I took a painkiller and I guess it helped me sleeping. But this morning, even if it's not really comfortable, I dont' think it's painful enough  to take painkiller.

As I espected, it was really hard to sleep on my back, really tempting to turn on the side, but it was impossible anyway. You're right, I woke up exactly in the same position, I doubt I roll over.

The doctor recorded a message on my mailbox this morning before I woke up, asking me if everything was right. I'll ask him for the bandage when I'll call back.

Oh I'm really happy for now, the swelling seems to have decreased a lot already compared to yesterday. My doctor told me it will take two months to see the results, but it's already encouraging.

Offline sws

• Posting Member
I didn't feel a lot of pain either. I think I only used 2 or 3 painkillers during the whole time.  Sometimes there is a bit of pain but it's more like an ache with some discomfort.  You'll get used to sleeping on your back but after 2 weeks you can probably go comfortably on your side to front. 

Good luck healing!

Offline acitalia

• Posting Member
guys, congrats.

What do you know about scarring or will the cuts dissapear over time ?

Offline silver2

My doctor told me it will be almost invisible, but I read some people keep big noticeable scars. I guess it depend of the degree of gynecomastia, the qualification of your surgeon and of your ability to recover, but I'm not sure.

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I had pain killers but didnt even need them. I was told to sleep on my back. U dont want to sleep on fresh wounds. They need to heal. Make sure u put Vitamin E cream or oil on the scars after a week or so. My scars are almost unnoticeable after 10 weeks.
Just do it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024