Author Topic: Scars and healing.  (Read 1637 times)

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Just wanna say I finally have no gyno. However it took two surgeries and the scarring from the first one is here to stay. My chest looks like a middle east war zone. Like edward scissor hands had a field day with my nipples. I have gone into a social coma and have completely withdrawn from my family and friends.  I'm finally coming to terms with it and just trying to figure out solutions for explaining it. I've considered tatooing over both sides where the scarring is, but that will have to wait. My question now is considering that the first DR didnt do anything other than disfigure me can I sue him?? I have before and after pics and the second DRs confirmation that he really didn't do anything other than scar me for life. Anyway life goes on, a year from now I'll have moved on and I won't care anymore. I realize now body image is a stupid thing to obsess over. My suggestion to everyone go with one of the Dr's on this board and don't think twice about paying extra for flights and lodging. And maybe you wont end up with scar nips like mine. Again I implore you to go with one of the Drs on this board just forget about looking elsewhere, they have the most experience and best results.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear about your experience man and thanks for posting.  I have to agree with you and hope people listen.  It's worth paying a few extra dollars for peace of mind.  You can always make more money.  Surgery is not something you want to try to save a few bucks on only to have regrets later on.

Offline UnquestionedAnswers

• Posting Member
Definitely sorry to hear about your situation... Unfortunately in life, sometimes we make decisions we wish we hadn't and have to live them as well as the consequences that can accompany them. Case in point - my case of gynecomastia was something that i brought on myself through what i thought at the time was harmless supplementation i was taking while working out a couple years ago. If i could go back and change what i did at the time, would I...? Absolutely!!! But that's dangerous thinking... It's taken me some time to accept this fact and deal with the whole acceptance process, and the fact that i will eventually have to undergo surgery to correct this... but you can't continue to beat yourself up for past decisions. Instead, try to learn from them. Ultimately, all we can do is play the cards that are on the table. Trying to keep perspective on things can help as well... Best of luck to you.

- Drew
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:30:48 PM by UnquestionedAnswers »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024