Author Topic: Vitamin E  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Paleodude

Hey there,

I'm about 3.5 weeks post-op, and just got my medical drains taken out a couple of days ago (it was a pretty extensive case involving significant gland removal and liposuction). I'm fairly happy with the results thus far, but of course I understand that the healing process is nowhere near complete, and things may look better with time.

Anyways, my doctor advised me to apply Vitamin E oil to my nipple area a couple times a day to assist with the healing process. I went out and bought some at the local drug store, but I've noticed that when I apply it, it's a rather thick, gooey sort of substance. I'm also wearing a compression vest, so it's kind of uncomfortable to put this vitamin E oil on, rub/massage it in a bit, and then put the compression vest over top of it (the vest sort of sticks to the oil). Also, i've noticed that it's sort of staining the vest itself.

Anyone have a similar experience? any suggestions? Would it be acceptable to just keep a small piece of gauze/fabric as a buffer between the vest and the oil?

Offline chris

• Posting Member
I put vitamin E on my scars as they were healing. I put a band aid over the oil to keep it off my clothing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024