Author Topic: Post Surgery Question- Need Help  (Read 2554 times)

Offline MrBigShot

I am a 23 yr old athletic male who had Lipo only for gynecomastia. The results appeared great up until approximately day 9 post op when I began to develop some hard tissue in the nipple region. I figured it was swelling and it did seem to shrink a little over the next couple of days. I am now 16 days post op and it has not seemed to go down any for the last few days. My chest looks exactly as it did before except the tissue is now hard. Has anyone else experienced this and did it improved over time?  It seems as if in most of the cases I read here, the problem does not improve. I know that it is really early to panic but I can't help but wonder if it is going to remain the way it is.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Are you wearing a compression vest? How long?
Are you massaging?

I know it's been a couple weeks since you posted- how is it now?

Offline tritonxv

• Posting Member
Hi

I had my op done on the 21st. Just liked you mentioned,  was thrilled with the results but after about a week, my chest looks the same too and the nipple area seems a big hard too. My doctor told me it should flatten in a few weeks time but I am skeptical. Is it true ? What can I do now..any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline prabil

• Posting Member
I too had lipo only.  How are you guys doing. Has the swelling come down at all? Are you satisfied?

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
I've had lipo-only surgery July 28th (now 24 days post-op) and I am really not satisfied of my results.
I can barely see the difference from before and I really don't believe in this swelling bull****.

I hope it'll turn good, or I'll have to settle for a revision surgery w/ Dr. Jacobs.

Basically, if you get lipo-only and you have glandular tissue, you're wasting your money. I'm mad that I learned this only after my surgery. Stupid of me.

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
We're all on the same boat. I also had a liposuction done.I had a pseudogynecomastia case. No glands. On my first week, My chest got flat however on the succeeding weeks, It started to grow again, At first I thought, it may be swelling. I"m already on my 4th week post op and it still same..A bit frustrated

Offline prabil

• Posting Member
Same with me. My chest does hurt. (I'm 2 weeks 4 days post op).  I can definitely tell there is an improvement but it is very slight. I met with a few doctors. 2 of them said lipo and excision the other one lipo only.  I liked the lipo only doc the best. The other thing is that I am very afraid of anesthesia. I did not want to be put totally to sleep.  I wished I looked into this further and realized there are many types of Anesthesia. I was hoping to salvage a little bit of summer and take my shirt off, but at this point, I don't think I will. I go back to the doc in a few weeks. See what he says. I will probably save up and do again.  I would love to walk around the beach without a shirt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024